babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Dealer Pre-sets before delivery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm hoping to pick up my Evoque next week. I remember seeing a few threads on what to check as part of the dealer handover, i.e your all extras included etc, but was wondering if there was a definitive set of pre-sets that the dealer should be advised of prior to pick up. For example I seem to remember that folding mirrors was one , whereby you could have them automatically engage after the engine was switched off. Essentially looking to see if there's a list of similar pre-sets to choose.
I went through all that before picking mine up however all of those presets can be adjusted from the console in the dashboard - so you don't need to have the dealer do it. That said I don't have folding mirrors so not 100% sure on that one.
(10-02-2012 02:55pm)WB Wrote: [ -> ]I went through all that before picking mine up however all of those presets can be adjusted from the console in the dashboard - so you don't need to have the dealer do it. That said I don't have folding mirrors so not 100% sure on that one.

Ok thanks.
The dealer enabled options are listed in the on-line handbook
(10-02-2012 06:05pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]The dealer enabled options are listed in the on-line handbook

Thanks Tim.
For anyone interested I've listed the items that can be configured from the on screen menu as per the on line handbook. See below:

To display and navigate through the vehicle information and settings menu, operate the menu control on the steering wheel.
1. Steering wheel menu control.
1.1 Press the up/down arrows to scroll through a list. The current selection
will be highlighted.
1.2 Press the right arrow to view a sub list.
1.3 Press the left arrow to return to the previous menu.
1.4 Press the OK button to select the Highlighted item.

2. Select to close or return to main menu.
3. Select to view all active warning messages.
4. Select to access the Vehicle Set-up menu. The following features can be personalised:

Before making any changes to the vehicle set-up, you must ensure that you have read and fully understood the relevant sections of the handbook. Failure to do so could lead to serious injury or death.
• Blind spot monitor.
• Speed warning.
• High beam assist.
• Passenger airbag.
• Alarm sensors.
• Cruise Eco data
• Reverse-dip mirrors.
• Easy entry/exit.
• 2-stage locking.
• Audible lock warning
• Winter wiper park.
• Drive-away locking.
• Headlamp delay.

5.Select to access the Trip Computer menu.

6.Select to access the Display Settings menu.

The following features can be personalised:
• Language for message centre display.
• Temperature units.
• Appearance of the instrument panel.
Select to access the vehicle Service Menu. Can be accessed only when the engine is not running.
Note: Some personalisation options may not be available in all markets.
thanks Big G
Dealer enabled functions are:

Rain Sensor enablement for auto-on wipers (or disablement if you find them a pain)
Enablement of speed related variable interval for the rear wiper
Drip wipe function enablement for the front/rear wipers
Auto power fold of the wing mirrors on locking car (only for cars with power fold mirrors)
"Auto power fold of the wing mirrors on locking car"

Is this if you dont want them to fold on lock?
No the dealership enables that, but if you don't want it then ask the dealer to disable it. When my car was delivered Lookers Park Royal have a policy of enabling all dealer enabled options at the PDI, it maybe that your dealer does the same
(21-02-2012 01:39pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]No the dealership enables that, but if you don't want it then ask the dealer to disable it. When my car was delivered Lookers Park Royal have a policy of enabling all dealer enabled options at the PDI, it maybe that your dealer does the same

Actually does anyone know if the Voice Control is dealer enabled or linked in some way to Sat Nav?

I have the button on the steering wheel but when I press it nothing happens. Can't see anything in the manual about 'enabling' it?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's