babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Easy Entry Seat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone else noticed what seems to be erratic behavior from the easy entry seat ?, when enabled, upon turning the ignition off and opening the drivers door the seat should lower. However it does not seem to work if you don't set the hand brake manually one, i.e. if you just turn the ignition off, the hand brake automatically comes on, but the seat does not lower. Its pretty random, anyone else seem this ?
(06-02-2012 10:43am)Pedalpower Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone else noticed what seems to be erratic behavior from the easy entry seat ?, when enabled, upon turning the ignition off and opening the drivers door the seat should lower. However it does not seem to work if you don't set the hand brake manually one, i.e. if you just turn the ignition off, the hand brake automatically comes on, but the seat does not lower. Its pretty random, anyone else seem this ?

Now I realise why mine doesn't work all the time; as the weather is so cold here (-15) at the moment I am leaving it in gear and not putting on the handbrake o/n so that it doesn't freeze on. What possible reason could JLR have for that???
I have no idea, its really odd, my guess is its a bug, it looks for the handbrake the be enabled then ignition off then door open. However if you just kill the ignition without manually engaging the handbrake it does not work !. Its poor as a great feature is that you can just stop on the foot brake, kill the ignition and the car will enable the handbrake itself. Do this though and the seat does not lower !
Not only does the car auto-engage the EPB but it also automatically selects P and drops the selector on the autos
Is this a manual transmission vs auto thing - I've not experience the need to set the handbrake for the easy entry to work, but mine's an automatic so can't exactly leave it in gear
Could be, my car is manual, and just checked my theory again, manually setting the handbrake results in the seat dropping (when you open the door), just killing the ignition... no seat drop. Maybe they figure if you just turn off the ignition you could be in traffic, waiting in the car etc etc and likely to drive off again... does not explain the effect on the auto though... strange, and irritating as the auto hand brake with ignition off is a great feature
Maybe they wired it in a odd way to prevent the Stop/Start mechanism from making the seat lower? And this is something which is only on the manual.
I noticed the same problem. Mine works if I put in P before switching off the engine. Indeed a strange behaviour.
I think is must be a bug, according to the handbook it should work if the ignition is off and door open, but evidently there is a dependence on the handbrake status, which unfortunately does not take into account the fact that the handbrake comes on automatically when you turn the inanition off Sad
US dynamic auto. Mine works fine as expected.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's