babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Visited Halewood today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I went to Halewood today to have a tour of the factory. I have to say that it was very impressive and the Halewood staff were absolutely fantastic. Thanks to John for showing us around. He was brilliant and knows the process inside out. I had a great time. I only saw a couple of Mauritius Blues and am extremely happy to report that the colour is much to my liking. I borrowed a demo car from my dealership to drive over from York and enjoyed the drive. Gutted that I have to take the car back in the morning.
Great stuff
Looking forward to the BabyRR grand tour on 2nd March.
Peet - good idea to take the trip. What genius gave you that idea! Laughing

Sounds like you had a good day.
Some clever S*d I met on the internet x
Are you allowed to take a camera into Halewood if your car is on the line or at all for that matter?
How do you get in? Who do I call,write or email?

Mines already build and I should get it next week.
peet, which car did you use from the dealers ?

Pete
(03-02-2012 09:33pm)Wired Wrote: [ -> ]How do you get in? Who do I call,write or email?

Mines already build and I should get it next week.

http://www.landrover.com/gl/en/lr/experi.../halewood/
No cameras, of course. I went there in September and enjoyed my visit. Watching robots working together making doors or welding body panels together is endlessly fascinating.
I did the Solihull factory trip a few years ago and one thing surprised me was that men still had to be employed to do quite a lot of the welding......... because there are places that a human arm can reach that a robot cannot get into!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's