babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Does satnav monitor/display traffic jams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Firstly thank you for all the information and photos posted on this site. Having looked at all the videos and pictures and information I can find over recent weeks I have ordered myself a Pure Evoque as my company car replacement without ever seeing the car the in the flesh. Have gone for the two wheel drive to minimise tax and because I do not need four wheel drive. I did however want front wheel drive as my current car (Jag x type estate) happily got through all the snow last year unlike many colleagues who had rear wheel drive Mercs and BMWs who were going nowhere. Not expecting the car until probably end of Q1 next year but wanted to order asap as there is already a big waiting list.

Anyway getting to the point of this post, does anyone know if the satnav system in the evoque gives any indication of traffic jams? My old jag one doesn't but I know several of the newer cars do and with a long daily commute with several route options, some traffic guidance would take some of the guesswork out of working which route to take.

Thanks in advance
Yes it has TMC. The one fitted in my company FORD has this, it's very good when your on the road all day & changes your route as needed to keep you moving.
How do you know the evoque has it? And is there an additional annual fee?
Page 16 of the April Price List PDF. It's an option on the Pure. Page 6 states it's standard on the Prestige and Dynamic.
@LRX - TMC is a free service so, if the evoque has it (which it should), it will be free
Supplementary question if anyone still following this thread, does anyone know if it will show static speed cameras too?

Just been driven in a car with a tom tom which gave audible alerts as they come up which would be useful but I am guessing that some manufacturers would be wary about adding this as it implies that they are helping drivers avoid getting caught rather than encouraging them to drive within the limits.
(25-06-2011 07:38am)bobbrightwell Wrote: [ -> ]Supplementary question if anyone still following this thread, does anyone know if it will show static speed cameras too?

I can't see any mention of it in the Navigation System section of the handbook.
No it will not show speed cameras, none of the systems fitted at the factory to any of the LR/RR cars can do that - I suspect it is for legal reasons. You need an iPhone with the apps or Road Angel. As stated above the TMC is very good..................... when the HA use it properly and update the info and if you live in Scotland you will only have very limited coverage in the Central Belt, outside of that only places like Aberdeen have any TMC coverage
Legal Reasons?
Nissan have an inbuilt sat-nav that does show them.
It's more likely to be internal policy than legal.
Reference URL's