babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Just got back from NEC Evoque Live
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
My thoughts after having been to the NEC.
First thing to say is that I really enjoyed the pre-viewing show and for all the non car people being dragged along I think they enjoyed it the most. It was a good prequel to the viewing and helped make the event special. It certainly got the idea of the themed packages through..... we forget that just because we are all quite au fait with Pure, Dynamic and Prestige there are actually people out there that have only read a couple of newspaper articles and seen a few photos. As has been mentioned there are 2 rooms. One room with White Prestige Coupe with Spirit interior, a Red Dynamic 5 door with D+ Velocity all Black interior and a 5 Door Silver Pure with Cirrus interior (I Think) that was our 2 second room. In our main room we had a 5 door Prestige Barolo Black with Ambience (Ivory), a Red Dynamic Coupe with Verve (Red & Black) and a Silver 5 door Pure with Cirrus.

The first thing I must do is apologies for my previous comments re the Prestige vs the Pure. I still stand by my assertion that I think the Prestige is a bit overpriced but having said that ....... having all the cars side by side certainly gives you the opportunity to compare and contrast. If the Pure and Dynamic models were the only versions available I’m sure that I would have been more than happy with the choice but the Prestige for me was almost like a different vehicle. On paper it makes no sense really ...... there is barely any difference between it and the Pure yet the culmination of all those tiny differences makes a big difference. Ever since I saw the Panther Rio – I’ve always hankered after a compact Rolls Royce type vehicle and I know this may sound bizarre – but I think I’m finally going to get it. I think that every journey in this car will be an occasion.

Also unlike London at the NEC they have the current (replacement) colours on the little models and under the artificial light Sumatra Black does look quite glittery (it doesn’t look flat like it did at my dealers) and Orkney Grey looks a lot lighter than Stornaway. Buckingham blue also looked quite bright but (I know as I’ve had it) can look almost Black in daylight – so I’m not sure how truly the artificial light represented these colours.

It was a great evening. I'm glad I went, it really helped me make up my mind.
I here what u say about pure vs prestige but I still don't think that an extra 3-3.5k for the prestige leather on same spec is worth it. Happy to stick with my well spec'd pure
(28-05-2011 11:40am)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]I here what u say about pure vs prestige but I still don't think that an extra 3-3.5k for the prestige leather on same spec is worth it. Happy to stick with my well spec'd pure
Agreed - once you add the fogs, xenons, privacy glass, panoramic sunroof and 20in. alloys the Pure will look every inch as good as a Dynamic or Prestige.

As you say, that leaves you with over 3k to pay for an arguably better interior
Also unlike London at the NEC they have the current (replacement) colours on the little models and under the artificial light Sumatra Black does look quite glittery (it doesn’t look flat like it did at my dealers) and Orkney Grey looks a lot lighter than Stornaway. Buckingham blue also looked quite bright but (I know as I’ve had it) can look almost Black in daylight – so I’m not sure how truly the artificial light represented these colours.

So will you be going for the Black based on what you've seen?
Blackseries. The two rooms, are they both open from the start of the viewing? which one is it best to start with?

I'm going to the 12:30pm Sunday show, anyone else?
could anyone give me their thoughts on the Ambience (Ivory) interior now they have seen it in the flesh.
We are going to the NEC for the 2pm show.
(28-05-2011 11:49am)Wicksy Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-05-2011 11:40am)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]I here what u say about pure vs prestige but I still don't think that an extra 3-3.5k for the prestige leather on same spec is worth it. Happy to stick with my well spec'd pure
Agreed - once you add the fogs, xenons, privacy glass, panoramic sunroof and 20in. alloys the Pure will look every inch as good as a Dynamic or Prestige.

As you say, that leaves you with over 3k to pay for an arguably better interior

I will also go for Pure most likely as the Prestige model is 10k EUR morem in my country on the already quite expensive 40k for the TD4, buT I hate the stupid thing, that you cannot have some options added to a Pure like the blind Spot monitoribg system, Adaptive Dynamics (MagneRide shocks) which I really like to have...

All the reviews had tested the car with magneride and I am not sure what will be te ride like with the ordiary shocks - did they mke a compromise in driving dynamics or comfort?!

Cheers,
Gorjan
I'm so sad.... there's no picture. For us in France, we have to wait until june 18th
Yes...any pics?
Yes...any pics?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Reference URL's