babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Good trade in deals?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Ive got a couple of months left to wait and so have just advertised my current car for sale but was wondering if anyone had traded in their car and if so did you get a good price?

The reason I ask is as the Evoque is the most expensive car I've bought there is a large difference between the Evoques cost and my cars value, so is there more room for a better part ex offer?
I enquired about p/x but they offered me even less than we buy any car ! They feel so strong at the moment that they will take the mickey if you let them.
they offered me £1000 more for my 7 yrs audi than audi did on part-ex, that's why i got the pure.
Think it all depends on the state of the car you're part-exing and whether a local 2nd hand dealer offers a good price. the LR dealerships generally don't have a lot of interest and just phone a 2nd hand dealer to see what price they'll take the car. So a bit of pot luck really
My experience is that they will just call a few dealers of the marque you are looking to sell. They are not generally looking to make a turn they just pass it through the books at neutral. Might be different if they have another part of the dealership chain that trade in that marque. I got more for my car selling it to a dealer who was miles away as they offered £750 more than I could get from local dealers or from LR.
I got a brilliant part-ex price from my dealer.

I had been 'warned' to expect the worst but I was really pleased, so all good Very Happy

Ali.
Private sale now, snotter for a couple of months (or about 8 as my couple of months has turned out) its a no brainer.

After all how much can a £650 mondeo that came with £180 worth of tax on it and £50 worth of fuel in the tank depreciate by? It will be worth £150 at the scrap yard!

It did cost me a whole £8 in parts to get it through its MOT though.
(27-01-2012 06:15pm)Firenze Wrote: [ -> ]Ive got a couple of months left to wait and so have just advertised my current car for sale but was wondering if anyone had traded in their car and if so did you get a good price?

The reason I ask is as the Evoque is the most expensive car I've bought there is a large difference between the Evoques cost and my cars value, so is there more room for a better part ex offer?

Just noticed your signature,your car may arrive earlier. My build date was 13th Jan, arrived at dealer 23rd Jan, picked up today 27th Jan after private plate changeVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Also dealer gave same as We Buy Any Car valuation, which was good.Very Happy
I asked about PX my 2008 Volvo but my dealer said no.
(27-01-2012 08:46pm)dandavis1 Wrote: [ -> ]I asked about PX my 2008 Volvo but my dealer said no.

Poor form, if they dont want it they should just make a low offer. To say a flat "no" is not good.

Mine said he would give me a price for my 2001 mondeo ha ha (probably about 30 quid)
(27-01-2012 08:19pm)Mike Wrote: [ -> ]Just noticed your signature,your car may arrive earlier. My build date was 13th Jan, arrived at dealer 23rd Jan, picked up today 27th Jan after private plate changeVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Also dealer gave same as We Buy Any Car valuation, which was good.Very Happy

I could be lucky then and get it early, that would be nice! Just need to sell my current car then I can relax and look forward to the Evoque arrival.

Looking at everyones replies I think I will be better off if I can sell it privately, but I think in a couple of weeks time I will take a trip to the dealer and see how much they will give me - im hoping as its a convertible it will sell as spring and summmer sunny days will be here soon! Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's