babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: I've always wondered...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How much money a LR dealer makes out of the sale of each Evoque?

Any guesses?
Deleted.
(26-01-2012 06:54pm)flurberman Wrote: [ -> ]How much money a LR dealer makes out of the sale of each Evoque?

Any guesses?

Whatever mine is getting its waaaaayyy too much for the shitty job he is doing.... (see my rant in Dealer Satisfaction Poll)

But I too would be interested in knowing how much?
Heard from someone it's about 20%.

The other source says aprox 5000$ on each sale, this on top of the money they make over the invoice price.

Certainly they don't deserve even a dime for that arrogant behavior.
I've always wondered why people write such leading thread titles.
(26-01-2012 11:52pm)dandavis1 Wrote: [ -> ]I've always wondered why people write such leading thread titles.

+1
Hehe. I agree.

Just shows how different everyone is.

If I was posting i would have put the subject as something like
"How much do dealers make on each sale?"

Makes some people curious, annoys others Smile

Im constantly clicking in the My Evoque section hoping someones had a Mauritius Blue arrive, as many don't put in the subject line all the details.

Eg I would put
"Australian SD4 pure 5dr, Mauritius with Ebony arrived!"

(if only I had time to read every post in every section)
Hey def u checked ur pm's lately?
Actually the commission margin might be a bigger chunk. I got my Chrysler with employee discount (cousin works in assembly line), which was 25% off the invoice. Mini employes get the similar deal and so are some of the major brands.

Auto dealers are in business because of the same reason.

Products should be cheaper these days due to cheaper technology and cheaper 3rd world labor. Furniture market is another example, a product of 2000$ is actually cost only 120$. A several fold profit is also keeping such people in market.

I'm not comparing apples with oranges, just talking in general about the change in business mentality. Low quality with big chunk of profit margin. And no manners.
The thing to remember is different dealers will be charged different amounts by LR depending on sale levels, so margins will differ in this regard, plus variable transport costs. So the answer is it depends.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's