babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: I'm becoming paranoid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm a big follower of this forum and have gots loads of great infomation and tips. I'm still awaiting my RRE , hopefully Feb, but the more I read the more I wonder. Maybe I'm becoming over anxious, but recent posts have made me question my logic. A number of issues have emerged; some maybe teething troubles others more serious. For example wind noise due to ill fitted door seals, uneven paint on some, slow rear camera engagement, slow moving seats in the Coupe, Pano Roof leaking, and recently a problem with 'noise' when parking , started by a thread in Italy,
all adds up to a feeling of unease.

I'm beginning to think perhaps I should have waited till teething troubles were sorted, don't get me wrong I really am looking forward (eventually) to getting my hands on it, but with the best part of €60K here, I'd expect a resonsably trouble free vehicle - just with the recent posts, maybe I'm becoming paranoid.?
(24-01-2012 02:55pm)Big G Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a big follower of this forum and have gots loads of great infomation and tips. I'm still awaiting my RRE , hopefully Feb, but the more I read the more I wonder. Maybe I'm becoming over anxious, but recent posts have made me question my logic. A number of issues have emerged; some maybe teething troubles others more serious. For example wind noise due to ill fitted door seals, uneven paint on some, slow rear camera engagement, slow moving seats in the Coupe, Pano Roof leaking, and recently a problem with 'noise' when parking , started by a thread in Italy,
all adds up to a feeling of unease.

I'm beginning to think perhaps I should have waited till teething troubles were sorted, don't get me wrong I really am looking forward (eventually) to getting my hands on it, but with the best part of €60K here, I'd expect a resonsably trouble free vehicle - just with the recent posts, maybe I'm becoming paranoid.?

I know where you are coming from...I have the same worries....especially the software list on another post..and comments on "hope they get it sorted on the next version"...but NO...I want it sorted on this version...so when I get my car in March (fingers crossed)...all this is sorted Sad
I think you need not worry I was the same until I got my car and its better than perfect if that possible. I've not experienced any problems others have mention I've had my car 12 days now drive it every day, finding out new things all the time all good so far.

The software list is more of dream list we would like to have that they don’t provide, however it doesn’t stop me enjoying that car. Did anyone add Heads up Display on the software list Smile
(24-01-2012 02:55pm)Big G Wrote: [ -> ]A number of issues have emerged; some maybe teething troubles others more serious. For example wind noise due to ill fitted door seals, uneven paint on some, slow rear camera engagement, slow moving seats in the Coupe, Pano Roof leaking, and recently a problem with 'noise' when parking ,

I agree, I think there may have been some early teething problems.

I got my Pure Coupe Manual at the end of December and I am well chuffed - No wind noise. No uneven paint. Camera does take a second to engage but only a second. Coupe seats - could be faster and hopefully LR will get this sorted, but you're not going to die waiting. No Pano Roof issues and No noise when parking.
If you read the Owners Forums for any car, there are always problems with every make - God knows what Toyotas must be likeLaughing
I've belonged to forums for the Scirocco, BMW 1 Series and the Ford Kuga, and they all highlight various problems. Not all the faults appear on all the cars, but at least the forum gives members an idea of how to address them should their car suffer from them.Thumbs Up
As Malph says, join any car forum and you see loads of issues - I've had 6 BMW's that went without any problems but saw many talked about on the BMWLand Forum. Similarly on the Disco3 when I had my trouble-free Disco.

So far the only ongoing concern on my Evoque is a small paint blemish that is easily remedied. It's done just over 1000 miles now including a 500 mile holiday trip and it has been fabulous.

I also think many of us have different tolerances with respect to expectations - I don't think the coupe's seats are a problem, sure they could be a tad quicker but they're not an issue to me and I don't get the reverse camera one; mine is instant on the second I engage reverse! Maybe that's only when you first start the car, dunno. As for the wind noise - yes, that was a potential problem for me as it was harsh but it has gone completely since I fitted roof rails.
I have the wind noise issue on mine. I drove the loaner into work after leaving my coupe at the dealer (again) to fix the noise problem.
A fellow at work ask if I'm going to sell it back to the dealer because of this problem. I said "no way!", I love this car even with this unresolved issue! The camera is a little slow, but I doesn't create a problem for me. Same with the seats, however it's been reported that LR is changing the gearing to move the seats faster even for us early adopters.
Bottom line, I love this car! Sometimes I drive it for no reason. After 50 owned vehicles and 50 years of life that's saying it loud and clear!
Thanks to all for the positive vibes - just a little self doubt. Paid a 5k deposit in Sep , not once has the dealer contacted me to advise - always me calling, mailing. Even a holding/courtesy call would be good, but hey ho thats life here at the moment, and we have even less choice of LR dealers !!
(24-01-2012 07:18pm)Big G Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to all for the positive vibes - just a little self doubt. Paid a 5k deposit in Sep , not once has the dealer contacted me to advise - always me calling, mailing. Even a holding/courtesy call would be good, but hey ho thats life here at the moment, and we have even less choice of LR dealers !!

Hi Big G, I ordered mine around a similar time to you, initially I was told March for delivery but then I was informed mid December that my Evoque was due for mid Jan delivery which was a very pleasant surprise, currently i'm in the US but fly back tomorrow, the car has arrived & waiting at the dealership!, so fingers crossed yours won't be too much longer! good luck
(24-01-2012 07:18pm)Big G Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to all for the positive vibes - just a little self doubt. Paid a 5k deposit in Sep , not once has the dealer contacted me to advise - always me calling, mailing. Even a holding/courtesy call would be good, but hey ho thats life here at the moment, and we have even less choice of LR dealers !!

a 5k deposit??? even if thats euros its still a bloody lot!!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's