babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Vehicle discounting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all,

I am a new member.
I am looking to place an order for a new Evoque 5 door Dynamic soon.
I was wondering with increased production and reduced delivery times if recent buyers have managed to obtain a discount on their purchase price and if so, how much?
Welcome along.......You will have more chance of winning the lottery I think..
Deleted.
(22-01-2012 01:07pm)mactrack Wrote: [ -> ]It will happen it's just a better of when. It seems like JLR have told dealers not to discount, which is wrong in itself, but if they can sell all their UK production for list price then why would they not?

This is a problem for me as whilst I would genuinely buy an Evoque I have just been looking at very nearly new Audi A7 3.0TDi quattro S Tronic Sportbacks, which would be cheaper to run for me compared to a an SD4 Auto, for approximately £5K less than the list price of the Evoque spec I am looking at.

I would strongly recommend that you consider the depreciation factor when you compare an Evoque versus an A7!
Residual values on these Evoques will be extremely strong with demand as high as it is.

No matter what anyone says, correctly specified new Evoques are still attracting a premium!

RB
(22-01-2012 12:57pm)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

I am a new member.
I am looking to place an order for a new Evoque 5 door Dynamic soon.
I was wondering with increased production and reduced delivery times if recent buyers have managed to obtain a discount on their purchase price and if so, how much?

A) what increased production?
B)what reduced delivery times?

Not many of us are seeing much evidence of either
Deleted.
(22-01-2012 01:26pm)mactrack Wrote: [ -> ]I could not agree with you more and that's why I think the A7 would be the better bet. An approximate list price £55K A7 for £39K now, albeit a few months old, compared to a £44K list price Evoque which in 3 years time will be discounted to £40K (if Freelander discounts are anything to go by) and there will be a thousand of them for sale secondhand.

It's all very well quoting premiums on list price now but when the majority of owners come to sell in three years time it will be a whole different ball game.

55K a few months ago, yet 39K now should be telling you something...

For starters it would be telling me that it is overpriced to begin with and ther is little demand!

The Evoque would have my vote!

RB
£16k discount on a new model - Audi obviously seriously over-estimated demand and over priced it, and nobody will want it 3 years down the line because they are such ugly cars. Whereas I would bet there will be a huge used market for well specced and priced RRE's like there was for D3's/RRS's and D4's when they started coming on the used market. It also looks too much like other big Audis and also how many BMW 5 Series GT fastbacks do you see on the road? A niche too far?
Deleted.
Only if you are in the Armed Forces!

http://www.landrovermilitarysales.co.uk/...190711.pdf
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's