babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Saw My First Evoque On Road Today For 2 Months!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Went on a trip to Guildford today & just as I was turning off the A3 into the town one pulled onto the A3 from the slip road just before & blow me down if it wasn't ni-on the same spec as I have ordered - Firenze Red Dynamic 5 door = very nice. Was on a private plate, anyone on here?

Was the first Evoque I have seen on the roads for 2 Months!!
Not mine, but I think I seen the same one in Weybridge yesterday. I have seen 5 in Weybridge now (2 white, 1 black, 1 Sand and the Firenze) and 2 in Central London (white) - and none anywhere else (even covering a round trip to Scotland over Christmas!)
How bizzare I saw a Firenze dynamic in gin a couple months back on a uk private plate.
I think I've still only ever seen 5 Evoques outside of a Dealer Showroom!

The first being one of those 'disguised' one's in yellow & black a year ago at the Channel Tunnel, the first private one being a Fuji on the M40 last September or so and then a Fuji in London in December. Since taking delivery of mine I've seen one Orkney Prestige in High Wycombe, Bucks and another Fuji Prestige in Beaconsfield, Bucks.
I have never seen one on the road yet ! not many yet in Australia yet Smile
(22-01-2012 10:42am)Coolbanana Wrote: [ -> ]...................... the first private one being a Fuji on the M40 last September

Umm I wonder if that was mine on it's way home from London to Scotland on 10th Sept or 2 weeks later when it did the trip again!

In the last 4 months I have seen exactly 1 Evoque on the road and a couple in the local LR dealership here as I whizzed passed the showroom window on the Dubai metro
(22-01-2012 10:51am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Umm I wonder if that was mine on it's way home from London to Scotland on 10th Sept or 2 weeks later when it did the trip again!

Could well have been! It looked fantastic and really brought home to me how much I like the looks of the car.
Strange thing is the the very first Evoque I saw on the roads was just after launch date & that too was a Firenze Dynamic....I have a feeling all along that someone upstairs was always telling me which colour & spec I should opt for.Rolling Eyes

In total I have seen 4 complete Evoques on the road - 2 Firenze Dynamics, 2 Fuji White's but can't think of the spec but pretty sure they wer not Dynamics. I say 4 as when we went up the M1 in November on the way to the Luton Hoo LR Experience my brother-in-law saw one going the way & all I saw was a bit of the rear end in my mirror!
Even here probably less than 5 miles from Gaydon and JLR's HQ they are pretty rare - there are two close to me - one 3 door Pure - looks standard aside from a Pano roof and a 5 door Pure with a pano roof and style 4 wheels - both Fuji white (do they make them in any other colour?:shockSmile.

Pre-launch they were actually more common around here - many with no badges and cammo colour schemes.

I think that whilst there are a lot on order and probably less delivered right now it is still a premium priced product and there are lots of adequate, less expensive alternatives that will do the same job - without the iconic style.
Well we have just been up to the Lakes for the weekend and didn't see a single one all weekend, not one on the motorway going and coming back! There were a few Pimped RRS Supercharged running about Bowness though. I like the fact there aren't too many aboutVery Happy
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's