babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Over charged for the car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Was looking through the new invoice and noticed the charged me the new price for the panoramic roof when I was told I would be charged at the original price, has anyone else who ordered the car before the price increase noticed that.

Now I have to go back to dealers and see what can be done Smile
This also happened to me but I haven't done anything yet.
(16-01-2012 09:25pm)fam1x Wrote: [ -> ]Was looking through the new invoice and noticed the charged me the new price for the panoramic roof when I was told I would be charged at the original price, has anyone else who ordered the car before the price increase noticed that.

Now I have to go back to dealers and see what can be done Smile

Yep! We ordered way in advance and was told that as our order wasn't in build, and still isn't, that we would pay the new price, it was only for ones accepted by the factory according to my dealer. But I believe others on here have a different view. Anyway, my dealer was very upfront and said thats what it is, that's fine by me, I want the roof end of!!Very Happy
If you have been over charged for the roof following the price increase, the dealers have a way of claiming the difference back from JLR, but there is a bit of paperwork to complete. My stealer told me this today, push hard for the refund. Why should the dealer or JLR take the money.
I ordered July and got car in December and wasn't charged the higher price.
I would have thought it would be the price of when you place the order at the dealer. If they decide to increase the price afterwards..then thats their problem...you pay the price at signing of contract and placing the order.

Do people not agree??
I suspect if you don't make any changes to the original spec then they can't Caroline. In my case I made some changes and they created a new invoice, they charged for a couple if things twice which I noticed at the time lucky as for the roof just forgot to check the price. Saw the option there so assumed the priced it correctly, it's only when a friend asked what options did i add that made the car £10k above the list price. You start to add little things here and there just never realise how much the come to until you get to the checkout ..... Or is that just me lol
(16-01-2012 09:32pm)xxxx5 Wrote: [ -> ]If you have been over charged for the roof following the price increase, the dealers have a way of claiming the difference back from JLR, but there is a bit of paperwork to complete. My stealer told me this today, push hard for the refund. Why should the dealer or JLR take the money.

To right xxxx5 I sure am going to go back, as they still owe me the £150 amazon vouchers they promised. If I had got exceptional service from them, maybe I'd consider not going back. As this has been my worst car buying experience I'm going back for my monies. Let you know what happens in the next few days.
Ordered in May and arrived October, paid the original price for the roof.
Ordered early August and got last week - I know LR tried to charge the dealer the increased cost but I paid at the price I ordered.

Legally I think they are entitled to charge the increase however I guess most dealers will charge at the order price if for no other reason than goodwill.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's