babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Petrol or Diesel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Diesel Auto! Plenty of power and apart from tickover you won't hear it. Very easy to live with. Take an extended test drive and you will be convinced in my opinion. Had ours since Sept. SD4 Auto Dynamic
Diesel auto also. test drove the Si4 but the mpg was scary. Diesel not great but still better, and as long you go for a decent drive once a month don't think the dpf will be much of a problem. as long as you are aware that the dpf needs to regenerate, then you can account for it in your driving. Problem comes when people don't know it needs to regenarate and suddenly it clogs up on them
with the DPF, is their an indicator to show when it needs a blast, and another to show when the regeneration has completed?
(31-01-2012 02:47pm)GibEvoque Wrote: [ -> ]with the DPF, is their an indicator to show when it needs a blast, and another to show when the regeneration has completed?

Yes there is an indicator telling you it's regenerating, Handbook says to allow it to finish by continuing to drive for a few minutes, don't know how often this'll be needed but haven't seen it yet...
(30-01-2012 05:05pm)Kofer Wrote: [ -> ]RRE Si4, at Nurburgring
Says the video is private?
(31-01-2012 03:42pm)simonc Wrote: [ -> ]Says the video is private?

It seems this video today is not available, hope its temprorary.
Diesel is more expensive to make and a standard barrel of oil (if there is such a thing) yields less diesel than petrol. If it's for sale at less than unleaded, that's the Government using the tax system to modify behaviour in the belief diesel is better for the environment than unleaded. Currently in the UK, diesel is up to £0.10/litre more expensive than unleaded though since I use super-unleaded, the difference is less or even negative.

It's interesting, as an aside, to note that the biggest selling Porsche model variant is the Cayenne Diesel which uses an oil burner made by Audi and I believe the Panamera diesel is also the most popular; it clearly does the job and buyers of these cars don't care where or who by the engine is made. It will be a dark day if we ever get a 911 diesel...
I too was swayed by the Luxury Car Tax, going for the SD4 meant I could spec more goodies for the same money. I thought the noise at idle was pretty quiet, especially compared to my wifes Merc B180 - that sounds like a truck!
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's