babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Petrol or Diesel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
RRE Si4, at Nurburgring
(30-01-2012 05:05pm)Kofer Wrote: [ -> ]RRE Si4, at Nurburgring

Now that's pretty cool - thanks for sharing!
Reminds me of my driving on the school run Laughing

Ali.
Petrol. Diesel. Petrol. Diesel. I've spent the last five months thinking about this, and still cannot decide!! And dealer will be requiring final specification soon. Always had fast petrol cars, so Si4 is obvious choice for me. However worry about poor fuel economy and resale value. Just cannot imagine me in a diesel though! As others have suggested, wish there was much more between the models to make the decision easier!! Faster petrol or even more economical or cheaper diesel.
(30-01-2012 09:56pm)paul Wrote: [ -> ]Petrol. Diesel. Petrol. Diesel. I've spent the last five months thinking about this, and still cannot decide!! And dealer will be requiring final specification soon. Always had fast petrol cars, so Si4 is obvious choice for me. However worry about poor fuel economy and resale value. Just cannot imagine me in a diesel though! As others have suggested, wish there was much more between the models to make the decision easier!! Faster petrol or even more economical or cheaper diesel.

theres not that much between the two, if the si4 was 300 bhp plus it would be a harder choice
The Government makes the decision for us here in Australia

The Evoque Petrol is subject to a whack load more luxury car tax , where as the diesel is exempt up to $75000AUD (the price for most Pures)

So a $75k diesel - no tax
a $75k petrol - add $6K tax.

Easy decision for me.

Consequently I see a lot of Si4s for sale by Aussie dealers on the web.
(30-01-2012 11:25pm)DefLeppard Wrote: [ -> ]The Government makes the decision for us here in Australia

The Evoque Petrol is subject to a whack load more luxury car tax , where as the diesel is exempt up to $75000AUD (the price for most Pures)

Easy decision for me.

The reason I went for the diesel, plus I never owned one and the differnce in Diesel and Premium Unleaded is about AUD $0.20 perliter
(30-01-2012 05:05pm)Kofer Wrote: [ -> ]RRE Si4, at Nurburgring

Well worth watching, thank you. I think the Si4 did well and the guy was very relaxed driving it. I've driven on the Nuburgring and it's quite stressful driving an expensive car which is by definition uninsured and being tail-gated by bikers with a death-wish.

I especially liked the off-road excursions but you can hear the buzzy engine note and the hesitant down-changes. Just hope LR bring out a higher powered version at some point.
(30-01-2012 09:56pm)paul Wrote: [ -> ]Petrol. Diesel. Petrol. Diesel. I've spent the last five months thinking about this, and still cannot decide!! And dealer will be requiring final specification soon. Always had fast petrol cars, so Si4 is obvious choice for me. However worry about poor fuel economy and resale value. Just cannot imagine me in a diesel though! As others have suggested, wish there was much more between the models to make the decision easier!! Faster petrol or even more economical or cheaper diesel.

I don't do diesel either, the sound of the SD4 at tickover is like a London taxi. The Si4 depreciation is a real concern though as is the fuel consumption.
Depends how you'll be using your petrol. I'm getting 21 mpg at the moment, but that's doing a lot of town driving in a very hilly town (and remember, it's a pretty heavy car to pull up a hill). At 75mph on the motorway, the car is doing 35 mpg, which is pretty OK I think.

It definitely has quite some poke and more than I was expecting. It feels faster than a Porsche Cayenne for example.
(30-01-2012 11:25pm)DefLeppard Wrote: [ -> ]The Government makes the decision for us here in Australia

Easy decision for me.

I was orignially was going to order an SD4 but the feedback on this site regarding bad fuel comsuption & possible DPF issues swayed me over to the Si4. Once you add on the Auto transmisson to an SD4 the Si4 is less than AUD$1000 dearer. Note in Australia Diesel is more expensive than ULP which has hampered its popularity here, which is the opposite to most other countries even Diesel in New Zealand is 50 cents cheaper than ULP.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's