babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Ladies and gents - I give you the suzuki evoque!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: carphoto48896525.jpg]

Looks like a bit of a rip off to me. Its from Autoexpress though so likely to be totally factually incorrect.
Yes, if Suzuki do that it will be a rip-off; blatant copying of some features. But then many Marque's imitate the success of their rivals here and there. There are more picture's of this on the Autocar website - the actual concept is pictured there from the Delhi show. Still not nearly as nice as the Evoque overall though.
I saw that the other day - and immediately I thought... gee, where have I seen that before.. oh wait... at the LR showroom!

its basically an evoque with Q3 lights, Q7 fog lights and a Tata grille + Suzuki badge.
Unlike the Evoque, it's still just a jacked up car which can probably just about mount pavements!
As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/244084/suzuk...pt-teased/
Looks more like a mock-up for a small Jeep to me. One thing for sure, never mock a Suzuki 4x4, they might look naff and "hairdresser" straight out of the showroom, but see them perform offroad and they will embarrass many much more dedicated 4x4's after you have fitted a roll over cage and some chunky tyres. If you are looking for dirt cheap offroad ability you won't go far wrong with an old SJ or Vitara fitted with some mud terrain tyres and it will cost you much much less than a Defender or an old Disco but go just as far or even further if it is very muddy as they are so light. OK so a 1.3 petrol engine doesn't sound much but it's enough when there is no weight to haul around, they also come standard with a low range gearbox and 4WD. Even a Jimny is a hoot offroad.
The Evouki....
Just realised what it really looks like, a Kia Soul
(31-07-2013 11:34am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Looks more like a mock-up for a small Jeep to me. One thing for sure, never mock a Suzuki 4x4, they might look naff and "hairdresser" straight out of the showroom, but see them perform offroad and they will embarrass many much more dedicated 4x4's after you have fitted a roll over cage and some chunky tyres. If you are looking for dirt cheap offroad ability you won't go far wrong with an old SJ or Vitara fitted with some mud terrain tyres and it will cost you much much less than a Defender or an old Disco but go just as far or even further if it is very muddy as they are so light. OK so a 1.3 petrol engine doesn't sound much but it's enough when there is no weight to haul around, they also come standard with a low range gearbox and 4WD. Even a Jimny is a hoot offroad.

I agree. I used to own an SJ 1300. Great car. Never went wrong either!!

Not a great ride on road mind and the soft top took about 2 hours to put back on correctly!! Wink
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's