babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Homelink
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, does anybody know if the Homelink option
can be retrofitted?
(07-01-2012 09:53am)V8M3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, does anybody know if the Homelink option
can be retrofitted?

May be difficult, has a dependency on the mirror option when i specd it
Costs enough when specced with build - I would expect it to be even more as retrofit.
Why not try my "homelink" mod - just put a remote for the door/gate on the dash somewhere with double sided sticky fixers. I've done that for years, my door will open from about 100-150 metres away. Much cheaper and can easily be moved to next car - I've done that too!!
Graham
(07-01-2012 01:19pm)Graham Wrote: [ -> ]Costs enough when specced with build - I would expect it to be even more as retrofit.
Why not try my "homelink" mod - just put a remote for the door/gate on the dash somewhere with double sided sticky fixers. I've done that for years, my door will open from about 100-150 metres away. Much cheaper and can easily be moved to next car - I've done that too!!
Graham

My solution, too. However, that was only AFTER I'd had Homelink on my Merc. 500 SL and it didn't operate the door (which is quite long in the tooth and presumably on different radio wavelengths).
BTW, I am not sure how well RRE's HomeLink works but it has been impossible to set it up on my RRS. It worked on one of the three garage doors and as as soon as I tried to configure it for the 2nd doors the whole config went down the drain - I gave up. In my other car there was no issue. I am curious how it will go with the new RRE (to be checked shortly)
Reference URL's