babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Cracked Panoramic Roof
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Hi All,

Have been the proud owner of an Evoque (Prestige SD4 Auto) for 2 weeks and i am dissapointed to say i have acquired a stone chip in my Panoramic roof that has caused the roof to crack approx 14 inches. I have contacted Landrover Customer services who say it is bad luck SadSad and have now found out that i have to claim off my insurance as an accident hence pay excess and lose no claims.

Not what you vcall a good start !!!!!
(06-01-2012 04:25pm)Mr P Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,

Have been the proud owner of an Evoque (Prestige SD4 Auto) for 2 weeks and i am dissapointed to say i have acquired a stone chip in my Panoramic roof that has caused the roof to crack approx 14 inches. I have contacted Landrover Customer services who say it is bad luck SadSad and have now found out that i have to claim off my insurance as an accident hence pay excess and lose no claims.

Not what you call a good start !!!!!

Welcome to the forum! Well that's not a good start at all - so aside from the cracked roof what's the rest of it like?

It might be worth talking to one of the windscreen repair companies and see if they can do a resin repair - would probably be virtually invisible too.
Just out of interest... Was yours a stock/dealer/ex-lre car?
I ask because I know there issues with the launch/lre cars and their roof cracking due to the torsion on the chassis as the cars did the off road courses.
I was told it was sorted and limited to the lre and launch cars only.

Probably worth understanding the history of the car?
Thankyou for your welcome, the rest of the car is an absolute delight, just taken the shine off a little. As for a repair the crack is about 14 inches long, not a cosmetic option and you have to consider the integrity off the glass.

Hi, no the cars build date was 16th December i took delivery on the 20th and got cracked on the 28th.
Hi, no the cars build date was 16th December i took delivery on the 20th and got cracked on the 28th.
Welcome and ouch! Sorry to hear that!

I'm sure I read that pano roof was covered as glass damage by at least some insurers so should only attract a small excess and not count as a claim. Who are you insured by? May be worth pushing with them.
I dont think a resin repair on a 14 inch crack will be a good idea. A pano roof is structural and i wouldn want it to be weakened in any way.
As ED says the Pano roof is a structural part of the body on the RRE so replacement is the best route, I also think that a 14" crack would not be repairable at a windscreen repairers, it's too long a crack to do with their curing gun
(06-01-2012 04:54pm)WB Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome and ouch! Sorry to hear that!

I'm sure I read that pano roof was covered as glass damage by at least some insurers so should only attract a small excess and not count as a claim. Who are you insured by? May be worth pushing with them.
My insurers are NFU, when i originally contacted them they said it would be covered as a glass claim and to contact their authorised repairer, i did this but their repairer (autoglass) said they dont do Panoramic roofs and to contact Ins co, i did this again and they said it would have to be treated as an accident and claim that way .
(06-01-2012 05:13pm)Mr P Wrote: [ -> ]My insurers are NFU, when i originally contacted them they said it would be covered as a glass claim and to contact their authorised repairer, i did this but their repairer (autoglass) said they dont do Panoramic roofs and to contact Ins co, i did this again and they said it would have to be treated as an accident and claim that way .

I'd push it with them. I once had to have a windscreen replaced that had to be bonded - Autoglass couldn't do it so the insurance paid to have mercedes do it but it was just a windscreen claim.
I had the panoramic roof replaced on my Discovery 3 in 2010, was with the NFU like you and all I had to pay was the £25 glass excess, not noticed any changes in the policy book so I would query this. The replacement was genuine LR glass and was fitted by AutoGlass
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Reference URL's