babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Bad Paint Job or Accident Repair?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
When washing my car over the xmas break I noticed that the rubber seal on one of the rear doors (where the front and rear door meet) had a white line down 3/4 of the rubber seal which will not wash off. My first reaction was that could the door have been damaged & re-sprayed before I took delivery of it? Only today I decided to approach my dealer about it. He swears that the car has had no damage repair done by them prior to my getting it and asked me to take it in so he could see, so I did. He agrees that what looks like paint on the door rubber seal is not right and we also noticed a sort of rough white powdery looking line where the paintwork meets the black plastic on the bottom of the door & rear wheelarch. He spoke with LR this afternoon and they are sending an assessor out on Monday to look at the car and the fault should be rectified under warranty. I still find it hard to believe that it left the factory like this without being spotted as it is clearly seen when you know where to look!
Has anyone who has a white Evoque already noticed the same thing or is it just mine?
Can't say I am very happy either way whether it is faulty paint or damage repair as I paid for a perfect car!
I know I can reject the car, but not sure what to do.
No experience with any Evoque yet but you would be suprised or shocked I guess if you knew how many brand new cars get touched up/local paint jobs before they leave a showroom. Many get damaged when loading/unloading from the trailor or when parked in compounds Evil

Worst one I ever saw was about 3 years ago when I pulled up at a customers house to apply a Diamondbrite package to a brand new Ford Focus CC, he had literally just collected it.
On inspection of the car I said to him that if I were you I would take it back & get a refund as there was evidence of repaint on the boot with dust in the paint & masking tape at the very bottom of the rear bumper, there was a dent in the front of the bonnet where someone had leant on it when closing it & where the roof lowers on the side windows the rubber on one side was round the wrong way & a dent in the "C" post.

He admitted that he was a very quiet type of fellow that generally doesn't complain & likely may not have noticed till it was too late or at all & was very thankfull to me when he recieved a full refund!
A further reason to arrange professional protection on or just after delivery. Faults could be present which the untrained eye would not pick up for a while, if at all.
Pics of the suspect area??

(05-01-2012 08:53pm)caroline11000 Wrote: [ -> ]When washing my car over the xmas break I noticed that the rubber seal on one of the rear doors (where the front and rear door meet) had a white line down 3/4 of the rubber seal which will not wash off. My first reaction was that could the door have been damaged & re-sprayed before I took delivery of it? Only today I decided to approach my dealer about it. He swears that the car has had no damage repair done by them prior to my getting it and asked me to take it in so he could see, so I did. He agrees that what looks like paint on the door rubber seal is not right and we also noticed a sort of rough white powdery looking line where the paintwork meets the black plastic on the bottom of the door & rear wheelarch. He spoke with LR this afternoon and they are sending an assessor out on Monday to look at the car and the fault should be rectified under warranty. I still find it hard to believe that it left the factory like this without being spotted as it is clearly seen when you know where to look!
Has anyone who has a white Evoque already noticed the same thing or is it just mine?
Can't say I am very happy either way whether it is faulty paint or damage repair as I paid for a perfect car!
I know I can reject the car, but not sure what to do.
REJECT IT!
Mines already had a new front bumper moulding fitted under warranty... from a poorly formed cutout on the headlamp washer holes, although it probably left the factory in perfect looking nick, only after I started using it the fault started to show.
Would be good to see photos. If you do consider rejecting it then my advice would be to insist you keep the car until the new one is delivered. There is a precedent for this with someone who ordered a coupe and had a 5 door built incorrectly!

They should also compensate you if they correct the poor repair on this car either monetary or a voucher towards accessories or servicing.
I'll be posting some pics soon. Rear fender of mine does not have smooth gloss, looks like ripples (cant see any reflections clearly). I'll be filing lawsuits as well - this is another mental torture for me beside the tailgate saga Wink
Decided to wash my car today, on closer inspection of my clean car I can now see paint runs on both driver's and passengers doors at the bottom of each door which backs up my theory that the car has been damaged/repaired before I got it! I really don't want to accept another repair (under warranty) to repair the first bodge job which is what my dealer is pushing for! I am now considering rejecting the car - does anyone know my legal rights on this matter i.e do I have to let them try to repair it or can I reject the car & insist on a new replacement?
P.S. my delaer still insists the car has had no body work done! If they didn't do it who did, surely it didn't leave the fatory like this?
Caroline - is there any way you can compare your car to another Fuji at your dealership to prove your point! It's unacceptable!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's