babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Auto Folding Side Mirrors Question.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I have an appointment at the dealer tomorrow to deprogram the auto folding mirrors but after thinking about it.......you would think if the motor stop working it would be covered under warranty. Therefore, I was thinking of cancelling my appointment tomorrow and wait until the warranty is almost up to have it deprogrammed.

Your thoughts.....
Your worrying about things breaking in the future???

I know why not tape the windows shut,glue the door handles firm and wear slippers so the carpet does not wear!!?

Come on....enjoy the car!
(04-01-2012 05:10pm)DynamicRRV Wrote: [ -> ]Your worrying about things breaking in the future???

I know why not tape the windows shut,glue the door handles firm and wear slippers so the carpet does not wear!!?

Come on....enjoy the car!

[Image: smLach2.gif][Image: smLach2.gif][Image: smLach2.gif]
I hear ya...I'll deal with that later down the road.....gonna cancel my appointment now.
I would like to know. The dealership here hasn't found out how to do it yet. Just like the door chime I guess. I just want to know how to turn the bloody things off and on!!
(04-01-2012 05:48pm)lngrn36 Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to know. The dealership here hasn't found out how to do it yet. Just like the door chime I guess. I just want to know how to turn the bloody things off and on!!
I'm thinking it's through one of their handheld devices? Similar to Star Diagnostics for the Mercedes? Just my guess......one dealer quoted me 1 hour labor to go through the system and deprogram the auto folding mirrors. The other dealer said they will do it for free because I bought the car there.
(04-01-2012 06:00pm)LIONHEAD Wrote: [ -> ]I'm thinking it's through one of their handheld devices? Similar to Star Diagnostics for the Mercedes? Just my guess......one dealer quoted me 1 hour labor to go through the system and deprogram the auto folding mirrors. The other dealer said they will do it for free because I bought the car there.

Didnt they screw up your car enough?!?! I would probably go and pay the other dealer.

What i want is for them to fold when i put it in and out of park. I just dont like to unfold every time i unlock the doors since sometimes i get in and out 10 times a day. Thats my two cents Smile
(04-01-2012 07:48pm)slee18 Wrote: [ -> ]Didnt they screw up your car enough?!?! I would probably go and pay the other dealer.

What i want is for them to fold when i put it in and out of park. I just dont like to unfold every time i unlock the doors since sometimes i get in and out 10 times a day. Thats my two cents Smile

I know......they did finally do a good job on repainting the rear tailgate and I know the service department has and will be extra careful next time I come in and so I figured to try them again as they are much closer. I just wish there had a button or you can program through the menus to fold or not the side mirrors. Each automaker is different and so it's not a big deal though. Cool
Sorry; can't understand the problem? What's the harm in the mirrors folding in, is it just a concern that they will eventually fail?
(04-01-2012 09:40pm)ytshome Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry; can't understand the problem? What's the harm in the mirrors folding in, is it just a concern that they will eventually fail?

+1, Why?
(04-01-2012 09:40pm)ytshome Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry; can't understand the problem? What's the harm in the mirrors folding in, is it just a concern that they will eventually fail?

One suggestion i saw was to avoid the risk of the motors freezing and the mechanism failing in extreme temperatures! So much for cold weather testing!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's