babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Fuel Grades
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Like many others, waiting for a build / delivery date after putting my order in last week.

In the meantime, quick question about fuel grades. The Evoque manual requires 91 octane fuel whereas the Ford Explorer manual only requires 87 Octane (regular unleaded). I was under the impression that the Ford 2.0L Ecoboost engine in teh Explorere is the same engine used in the Evoque. Am I missing something?
Wouldn't that be nice! Had heard a rumour that the Ford Explorer/ Edge ecoboosts were ok with lower grade octane but higher grade recommended for best performance! Not sure I have the guts to go there against LR's directives though ....
(03-01-2012 09:04pm)Canuck2012 Wrote: [ -> ]Like many others, waiting for a build / delivery date after putting my order in last week.

In the meantime, quick question about fuel grades. The Evoque manual requires 91 octane fuel whereas the Ford Explorer manual only requires 87 Octane (regular unleaded). I was under the impression that the Ford 2.0L Ecoboost engine in teh Explorere is the same engine used in the Evoque. Am I missing something?
Yes, the boat! Laughing
Reference URL's