babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
As an employee of Halewood, were the Evoque is made, just wanted any feedback off people about the car, whether you have yours or are still waiting!

Obviously i can't give any secrets away but would be interested to see what people think so far!!!
Hi

Welcome to the site!

My car has been delayed, so any information regarding plans to catch up with production would be much appreciated. We had been informed that the factory was working 3 shifts x 7 days per week, and wonder if this was accurate, and if there are any plans to increase production? Someone also posted that some delays were down to backlogs with quality control.

You will find that owners are thrilled with their cars, and we are all pleased that they are being produced in the UK.
Love mine. Three months in and not missed a beat. From a personal point of view I have a great deal of admiration for the way that you are doing your job with what is a new and highly sought after model. I can't help think that some dealers, not all by any means, but some are doing their best to take away the shine.

While I'm on here can you tell me if there is any real difference with the carpet mats in the prestige and the dynamic models, other than what it says in the brochure? Hope the fact I'm an L.F.C. won't stop you answering.
VERY irritated about wind noise at top of window where it turns down at the windshield. If you close the mirror the noise disappears. This car is located in USA.

I'm calmer now. I posted the first part right after arriving home. I worked on changing the mirror housing angle all the way home. I achieved quietness, but the angle is too far in to be useful. I will cobble some bits onto mirror housing to change attitude of wind.
Other than that...
I absolutely love this car! It has some quirks that need adjusting, but l still love it. The speed, handling, exhaust note, everything. I haven't experienced real trouble, but have read some problems on here that spook me a little. I bad thing though, it makes the day so much longer before I can tear up the roads again!
Rolling Eyes
Covered a little under 300 miles now and the only niggle is the wind noise issue as previously described by others.

Excellent car though, very pleased with it.
I was critical about the ever-changing delivery dates back in the autumn but in the event, my car came in 3 weeks before the first date I ever received even though it had been bouncing around in the meantime. I certainly get the impression (after visiting Halewood in September and a nosey drive by last month) that production is settling down after the tragic death in the press shop, the fire at the trim suppliers and the delays with things like Xenons.

As for the car, I love it. I don't have a problem with wind noise, the mirrors are as they are because of EU legislation (and I like them anyway). I'm an engineer, understand the design compromises required to come in at a price and think the Evoque offers well judged value. I would certainly like a higher performance version in the future.

The people in Halewood are doing a fine job. A generation ago, Halewood was a by-word for industrial unrest and poor quality. How things have changed thanks to hard work and cooperation among the people working there, a credit to Liverpool.

We are confused about the carpet mats though. There are 3 grades and "premium" option on the Dynamic which doesn't seem to buy you much. There's a feeling we have spent £80 on the option and they don't feel very premium really. If you can shed any light, that would be good.
(27-12-2011 04:24am)mambok Wrote: [ -> ]Sales: the people i dealt with were very unprofessional - no more future relations - sorry.

Evoque: its eye catching and a real head turner. its good on both off road and streets. little tiring on long drives.

so far mine has been in garage twice (for a faulty sensor and re programming) - is there a quality inspector at RR?

Negatives:
- big mirror,
- wind noise,
- wide blind spot have to turn head twice to confirm, (no blind spot monitor on 5 dr model)
- limited seat adjustments on dynamic model (for this much price you get more on equivalent carsBMW/Benz/Lexus/Cadies etc)
- Some cheap plastic is obvious (loose key cover on driver door, rear silver bumper trim, rear seat console storage latch etc)
- wiper sticking out, looks too primitive, new cars have all flushed in's - cant see unless engaged.
- big glass roof is nice. From front seat its not easy to see the sky, unfortunately its meant for rear passengers.
- loud humming noise at 2500 rpm/35mils/uphill drive. often seems muffler is loose
- no override switch to put in neutral for towing.

- rear view camera lags gear shift response (remain engaged for several seconds after switching from R to D)

- no tail gate closing option from remote key or in-dash switch.
More to come as i discover more, its only 500 miles !!

I actually like the delay. We use it when leaving to make sure nothing is left. The delay is abt the same as our Chevy Equinox, so maybe I'm just used to it.
I think the build quality is very poor for such an expensive car. The constant rattling from every corner of the car is highly irritating.

Design is good, build is poor
Fantastic car. My only big concern is that no one seems to getting anywhere near the proclaimed mpg. Could be a big stickler for many going forwards.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's