babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Rear View Camera Necessary on Five Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hoping to get some advice from evoque drivers who have or don't have the rear view camera. It doesn't come as standard in Australia and I am wondering if its really nessecary ? You need to purchase the front parking aid if you decide to purchase the rear camera. Thanks for your advice.

Ordered In November: Dynamic Si4 fuji with adaptive dynamics and panoramic roof added. Due in May with changes to order allowed up until Jan 31st.
I'd say go for it. Visibility isn't all that great and the camera takes away most of this problem.
The camera is great. And I'm finding the line up guides to be very good at helping me park in certain places.
It's an essential for me, not just for distance to objects but it also shows if you have enough clearance to open the tailgate.
Yes, I agree it's absolutely essential. If you don't get it, it will only be a matter of time before you reverse into something you cannot see in any of the three mirrors.
I have the surround cameras and still need to get used to them - I've used them to spot kerbs and getting past cars parked stupidly so that it was a tight squeeze to get by but the reverse camera I've largely ignored!

Maybe I don't trust it but I still reverse using mirrors alone - and that in the Coupe which isn't difficult to do at all.
I have the camera and use it all the time, it does make reversing much easier as the visibility is very limited out the back window and although the mirrors are huge the camera gives you sight of the otherwise unseen! I would say if you can afford to add it do........
I don't have the cameras....and don't miss them. The mirrors are huge and with the parking sensors I find the car as easy to park as my old MINI.
I have it...I don't find it half as good as it was in the RRS..the positioning is terrible and gets covered in muck all the time. So I don't use it any where like I used to...but if you intend to tow withe RRE, the yes do get it...it does help in the lining up of the tow ball.
My partners nissan juke has a reversing camera and to be honest every time i drive it i forget about it. I just reverse using the mirrors as normal.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's