babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Rear View Camera Necessary on Five Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(23-12-2011 02:07am)gilmer Wrote: [ -> ]Hoping to get some advice from evoque drivers who have or don't have the rear view camera. It doesn't come as standard in Australia and I am wondering if its really nessecary ? You need to purchase the front parking aid if you decide to purchase the rear camera. Thanks for your advice.

Ordered In November: Dynamic Si4 fuji with adaptive dynamics and panoramic roof added. Due in May with changes to order allowed up until Jan 31st.

Gilmer - I posted a similar question some time back. I've attached the thread.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Rear-Camera-some-advice
Although not essential it's worth getting if you can, I like it, it does get a bit fuzzy from dirt and water droplets, it's not central which is a shame, but it's an aide and that's what it does it helps you see stuff below the visibility line behind you that you otherwise would not. The driving line overlays and parking sensor info is also good to know where the beeping is related to.
(23-12-2011 07:53am)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I agree it's absolutely essential. If you don't get it, it will only be a matter of time before you reverse into something you cannot see in any of the three mirrors.

What a lot of rubbish. So that means I will eventually hit something because I don't have it on my car. I agree that it would be useful if you tow a lot.
(23-12-2011 03:19pm)J77 Wrote: [ -> ]What a lot of rubbish. So that means I will eventually hit something because I don't have it on my car. I agree that it would be useful if you tow a lot.

How do you spell arsehole in Scottish? A small child could be standing behind the car and be invisible in each of the 3 mirrors and you wouldn't know as you reverse. In my opinion, it's a valuable safety feature.
Now now everyone - it is Christmas and pls refrain from personal insults. Thx.
(23-12-2011 04:14pm)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]How do you spell arsehole in Scottish? A small child could be standing behind the car and be invisible in each of the 3 mirrors and you wouldn't know as you reverse. In my opinion, it's a valuable safety feature.

At no point did I use offensive language towards you or insult you with racist comments. What is that all about? Your post suggests that if you don't have the camera you will hit something, I was only pointing out that that is not the case.
I apologise but the point I was making is that the reversing camera gives you sight of an area which is not visible in the mirrors and if that ever prevents accidental damage or injury, that has to be a Good Thing and worth having.
Your apology is accepted, I do agree that it helps with safety, your original post was interpreted wrongly (on my part), so we will move on from this professional disagreement. Thumbs Up
This may be a dumb question, but does the camera system work in the dark, like night vision infrared?
yes it does....but not infra red!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's