babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: remaps and tints
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Reading this forum makes me realise how frugal I am. Most members on here seem to splash out loads on extras (to be fair if money was no object then so would I). So mu tried and tested approach to specing my car is as follows:

Pure TD4, white with ebony interior with absolutly no extras ordered Nov expected april or may, leased 510 per month including vat on 20k mpa.

Now the plan:

Windown tint rear = 150
Mats = 35 quid on ebay
20 inch rims second hand on ebay genuine evoque = 800.
Exiisting rims with delivery miles will be sold on ebay for c400.
Welcome stodman.

Why don't you go the whole hog then, some members have discovered, different grills and wrapping materials for louvres and mirrors.

There are some posts on here to that effect.
(22-12-2011 08:20pm)stodman Wrote: [ -> ]Reading this forum makes me realise how frugal I am. Most members on here seem to splash out loads on extras (to be fair if money was no object then so would I). So mu tried and tested approach to specing my car is as follows:

Pure TD4, white with ebony interior with absolutly no extras ordered Nov expected april or may, leased 510 per month including vat on 20k mpa.

Now the plan:

Remap to 180 bhp = 399
Windown tint rear = 150
Mats = 35 quid on ebay
20 inch rims second hand on ebay genuine evoque = 800.
Exiisting rims with delivery miles will be sold on ebay for c400.

So I end up with a pretty good looking vehicle that will perform just like its more expensive sister diesel engine all for a fraction of the price. Do this with my last 2 audies ending up with a car which would have cost me c5k more if I had added the extras through audi. Does this make me the tightest future evoque owner on the forum?

Just wondering how you go on leasing a car and putting tints and non standard wheels on, especially when you are selling the standard wheels that don't actually belong to you on a lease. Just asking because Ive never leased, always purchase outright. Cheers and welcome.
Plus, I'm not sure you'll get 20" genuine evoque wheels for 800, second hand or not! Not for a long time anyway.

Otherwise the theory is there! Lol

Fwiw I dont have money to burn, far from it, but Sometimes you just have to treat yourself! Very Happy
There are some 22 inch. Genuined evoque wheels and tyres on ebay now for 895 so should be ok.
When u say 'genuine evoque 22', what do u mean by "genuine" ?
Am on iphone so can't post the ebay link easily - if you type in 'evoque wheels' in emay they come up for 895. Give it another 3-4 months and you should be able to pick wheels up, either througha cat d vehicle (can be risky) or people that want to mod their evoques and want other wheels.

In terms or returning a leased car they generally don't care as long as its been serviced and no dents then the person who picks your car up doesn't care. They either go straigh to auction or a car supermarket so the original financiar doesn't have any visibility on the detailed condition of the vehicle.
Have seen the ad - just what does 'genuine' mean as I am unaware of any 22" 'genuine' LR wheels for the Evoke.
(23-12-2011 12:22am)stodman Wrote: [ -> ]Am on iphone so can't post the ebay link easily - if you type in 'evoque wheels' in emay they come up for 895. Give it another 3-4 months and you should be able to pick wheels up, either througha cat d vehicle (can be risky) or people that want to mod their evoques and want other wheels.

In terms or returning a leased car they generally don't care as long as its been serviced and no dents then the person who picks your car up doesn't care. They either go straigh to auction or a car supermarket so the original financiar doesn't have any visibility on the detailed condition of the vehicle.

Thanks stodman, I hadn't realised they'd let you do that.
Cjfp - apologies it looks like they are incorrectly described as 22 on ebay. Looking at the pics they are either 20 inch style 6 or style 7 alloys. I am not connected to the ebay advert in anyway.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's