babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: remaps and tints
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It is my understanding that the leasing companies thoroughly check returned vehicles, and are looking to recoup further monies from the drivers' in respect of anything remotely over the BVRLA guidelines, which would include modifications. In my work related experience there is a) no leniency whatsoever and b) inspections are far more thorough than say 5 years ago, possibly due to the current economic climate.

The actual terms of the contract undoubtedly state that modifications are not permissible without the prior authorisation of the leasing company, and that such mods if authorised must be easily and invisibly removed on return of the vehicle. In reality, engine mods would not be authorised as they could effect the warranty. I would not know if such mods would be detectable. If the lease includes maintenance, the leasing company would for example be made aware swiftly when tyres were required, as the incorrect sizes would be inputted onto the system.

Perhaps some do slip through the net, but I really cannot see that out of the many leasing companies we use at work, any would miss tinted windows and bigger wheels. As above, I have no idea if engine mods would be detectable.
Ldt, guess that's the risk you take, guess i have been lucky with my last 3 cars. So worst case scenario I keep the old wheels in the garage, get the ecu. Reflashed or use a bluefin system so I can remove.
Hi Stodman, Just a thought and I know what you mean about keeping costs down but the SD4 is £1000.00 more than the TD4, so as the average professional remap is in the order of £399 plus Vat and th resale value of the SD4 will be higher it may even work out cheaper than the TD4. The added benefit is that you don't have to worry about being caught out or re - remapping. Cheers
(22-12-2011 08:20pm)stodman Wrote: [ -> ]Reading this forum makes me realise how frugal I am. Most members on here seem to splash out loads on extras (to be fair if money was no object then so would I). So mu tried and tested approach to specing my car is as follows:

Pure TD4, white with ebony interior with absolutly no extras ordered Nov expected april or may, leased 510 per month including vat on 20k mpa.

Now the plan:

Remap to 180 bhp = 399
Windown tint rear = 150
Mats = 35 quid on ebay
20 inch rims second hand on ebay genuine evoque = 800.
Exiisting rims with delivery miles will be sold on ebay for c400.

So I end up with a pretty good looking vehicle that will perform just like its more expensive sister diesel engine all for a fraction of the price. Do this with my last 2 audies ending up with a car which would have cost me c5k more if I had added the extras through audi. Does this make me the tightest future evoque owner on the forum?

good idea !
same overhere !
remap 150 > 190 hp
lowering en spacers H&R
roof wrap
repaint rims

superr personalised unique !
Ytshome, I take your point however, its the collective price of extras which quickly mount up, I was really apprehensive about mapping my first car, however since then have never looked back. Jos looking forward to hearing how youi get on with yours, am hoping there will be enough td4 owners who want one and we can get a group remap day for a good price.
(22-12-2011 11:49pm)stodman Wrote: [ -> ]Evi, I see you are in glos, I am in nam. Did you source your evoque locally, what do you think of startstone? Spoke to the sales associate at stratstone today seemed pretty clued up knew the specs well. Suggests my td4 will be due in apr or may and mentioned that 3 doors were coming through quicker. They had a nice grey 3 door in the show room with cirrus leather.

Yes, in Glos, I've been to that dealer and enquired about buying that Orkney Grey Pure, it wasn't for sale then as the dealer has to keep at least 3 cars, for the viewing customers. It has an unusual spec as it is a Pure with a Style pack, we wanted Tech pack.
Evo - yep the orkney grey with the cirrus leather, looked nice. Am considering swapping my ebony leather for the cirrus, just not sure how it will go down with the white body work. Will mull it over!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's