babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Cancelling HDD sat Nav
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi
Am thinking of cancelling the say what you see HDD sat Nav.
My question is if I have a Pure will it still come with a 8 inch screen if I do and can you play movies from stick on it.
That crosswire mod from Brazil looks interesting.
8 inch screen standard on all UK models. (and yes to the other question)
You could use the money that you saved for a TomTom/Garmin portable unit with a lifetime map update subscriptions. Smile much better value methinks. just don't get the solar-attenuated windscreen option, seems like that's blocking the signal for the portable units.
(21-12-2011 02:27pm)Ezandania Wrote: [ -> ]don't get the solar-attenuated windscreen option, seems like that's blocking the signal for the portable units.
I think thats the heated windscreen more than the solar attenuation.?
(21-12-2011 02:30pm)RacingSnake Wrote: [ -> ]I think thats the heated windscreen more than the solar attenuation.?

Oh? hahha...whoops....sorry...must have been sleepy when i was reading that thread. We don't get either of those options here.
Thanks guys
have ordered heated steering wheel ,xenons and memory mirrors with puddle lamps insteadSmile
Have the heated screen on my disco 3, Tom Tom works fine.
I am located in the U.S., and the HDD Nav we have here does not have the ability to view at two different angles (ie: Nav for driver and Movie for passenger)
Is this available in the UK, and if so, is there a MOD to adapt it to the U.S. spec car, our arcane rules here evidently will not allow it.
Solar screen is more likely to interfere
I like the sat NAV. People who have bad things to say about it can't be using it right. I find it really clear and helpful and easy to program. I wouldn't be happy having an aftermarket sat nav stuck to the screen. Doesn't look right in what is meant to be a luxury vehicle in my view.

I know it is more hassle and expensive to upgrade the maps but it isn't a huge deal on a £35k-£50k car is it?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's