babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Wind Noise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So after a few days of owning the car, I was distraught when I heard some wind noise appear from the driver's side door - sounds like it's not fully sealed... Not sure if this is the same issue Tim had Toni's ago or a new problem.

Anyone else had this?
I had this problem and eventually Land Rover produced some different door seals which the dealer has fitted and it has improved the problem although there is still wind noise from the mirrors.
Little bit of wind noise from the mirrors above 60mph, but only notice because the rest of the car is so quiet! (5 door)
Same as PhilSkill. Left Dumbo ear rustling in the breeze!
For me there's only any noticeable wind noise from the mirrors when driving in strong cross winds.
(06-12-2011 07:58pm)swimfanuk Wrote: [ -> ]I had this problem and eventually Land Rover produced some different door seals which the dealer has fitted and it has improved the problem although there is still wind noise from the mirrors

Thanks - car going to dealer nxt week to had fit checked out (I'm in the UK this week). I will mention the door seals and see what they say.
The wind seals you speak of have a part number of LR037064 and are about 4.90GBP per side for the front doors.

I got some in stock and started to fit some to my car today, though on closer inspection mine had the exact same shape and size seal fitted already from the factory and I have now since learned that it has a VIN Range: H600001-H616767.

Fitting .Doc below

Pete
Thanks for that info Pete as it didn't take long after the team at LPR had a look at my car to resolve this when I was down south. After the guy at park Royal had cured the fault it returned in about a month so will see about having some of the new rubbers fitted under warranty
(12-12-2011 11:42pm)bell-auto-services Wrote: [ -> ]The wind seals you speak of have a part number of LR037064 and are about 4.90GBP per side for the front doors.

I got some in stock and started to fit some to my car today, though on closer inspection mine had the exact same shape and size seal fitted already from the factory and I have now since learned that it has a VIN Range: H600001-H616767.

Fitting .Doc below

Pete

Thanks for that Pete.

Berlin, does your VIN fall inside or outside of the range above? Mine is outside and haven't noticed the noise (yet).
My VIN's inside the range - 613xxx so suppose it applies to my car. Thanks for the info Pete.

Car's going to the dealers on Wednesday to have a look at this and one 'rattle' coming from somewhere in the roof by the insert housing the reading lights.

Will report back after.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's