babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: About to cancel order for Evoque
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

Unfortunately the more time I get to think about the size of the Evoque the more I have concerns that is is too small for what we need. When we go to the lake for a week or more we need to take 2-3 plastic tubs, an esky and of course the dog. I had a look at a Subaru Impreza yesterday and based on the measurements it is about the same size as the Evoque and unfortunately there is no way that we could put all this on the back seat safely.

We are off to Borneo for Easter so I will think about, but at this stage I will be cancelling the order.

One other concern is that I sent to LR Friday re deliver and they cannot telme if it will be here in September.

Cheers
(18-04-2011 11:06pm)Firebird Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

Unfortunately the more time I get to think about the size of the Evoque the more I have concerns that is is too small for what we need. When we go to the lake for a week or more we need to take 2-3 plastic tubs, an esky and of course the dog. I had a look at a Subaru Impreza yesterday and based on the measurements it is about the same size as the Evoque and unfortunately there is no way that we could put all this on the back seat safely.

We are off to Borneo for Easter so I will think about, but at this stage I will be cancelling the order.

You need to go to the Evoque live events then Cool......opps did not realise you live on the other part of the world !

One other concern is that I sent to LR Friday re deliver and they cannot telme if it will be here in September.

Cheers
No Evoque Live events have been announced for Melbourne, Australia - they will all be in South and Central England which doesn't do LR's PR dept much credit that they forget that there are a few heathens who don't live in the SE or the Midlands who might like to go to a launch event without having to fork out for an expensive hotel or pay the fuel cost to go to a party that is a 700 mile round trip away
Totally agree, have sent them an e-mail stating as much, but no reply so far Sad
Same here Paul, and same result!
(18-04-2011 11:28pm)FullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]No Evoque Live events have been announced for Melbourne, Australia - they will all be in South and Central England which doesn't do LR's PR dept much credit that they forget that there are a few heathens who don't live in the SE or the Midlands who might like to go to a launch event without having to fork out for an expensive hotel or pay the fuel cost to go to a party that is a 700 mile round trip away

Erm, there are 3 in Manchester (5-7 June if I remember correctly)

Back to the original point though, I was slightly taken aback by the smallness on one of the Geneva videos someone put up a link to - I didn't expect to be able to look over the top, but it looks like that will be the case
A regular guy can certainly look over the top.
It's lower, wider and shorter than a regular SUV, in between a station wagon and an SUV really.
Firebird have you thought about getting a small trailer? Over here we can buy them from halfords the big autoparts and accessory store.
They aren't beautiful bits of kit but they are very handy - you can get the same make as we have over there too http://www.euroindustries.com.au/
(18-04-2011 11:28pm)FullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]No Evoque Live events have been announced for Melbourne, Australia

The Melbourne motor show, first week in July, is the next up-coming opportunity the Australia public has to see the vehicle. I imagine this will be the same sort of display/access the Evoque has had at other motor shows to-date.
(19-04-2011 10:12am)oop north Wrote: [ -> ]Erm, there are 3 in Manchester (5-7 June if I remember correctly)

I think Tims point was that there are no events to cater for people who live in the 'true' North of England or Scotland. Manchester is a very long journey for him, even for me it's nearly a 300 mile round trip that will take in excess of 5 hours. They should have staged one in Endinburgh or Glasgow for us up here in the frozen north.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's