babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Not Sure Weather To Change My Model Or Not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Was talking to a sales manager of a Kent dealership yesterday who bought my Freelander 2 & I gave him the spec of the car I was choosing, he said very very nice but later in the conversation he said that the vast majority of his customers including two personal friends have/had gone for the Pure with options.
In most cases a Pure with Panoramic Roof & tech pack. He went on to say he couldn't see where the additional £10K was on the other two models.
This has got me thinking that maybe it is worth doing someting like this :- Pure Tech with Style Pack, Panoramic roof, TV tuner & maybe a couple of other bits then to save £1600 go for the SD4 manual.

Another reason for this is that he was saying & I agreed that the Si4 is lovely but could do with a bit more oomph & growl. Given I have driven both I know what he means.
Then he said that when the new RRS is launched in 2 years time they are doing an RS version of it & the 300BHP Evoque will/should be about the same time.
Which lead me to think buy a specced up Pure now & in 3 years get the 300BHP growler Evoque!!
(01-12-2011 04:44pm)The Valeter Wrote: [ -> ]Was talking to a sales manager of a Kent dealership yesterday who bought my Freelander 2 & I gave him the spec of the car I was choosing, he said very very nice but later in the conversation he said that the vast majority of his customers including two personal friends have/had gone for the Pure with options.
In most cases a Pure with Panoramic Roof & tech pack. He went on to say he couldn't see where the additional £10K was on the other two models.
This has got me thinking that maybe it is worth doing someting like this :- Pure Tech with Style Pack, Panoramic roof, TV tuner & maybe a couple of other bits then to save £1600 go for the SD4 manual.

Another reason for this is that he was saying & I agreed that the Si4 is lovely but could do with a bit more oomph & growl. Given I have driven both I know what he means.
Then he said that when the new RRS is launched in 2 years time they are doing an RS version of it & the 300BHP Evoque will/should be about the same time.
Which lead me to think buy a specced up Pure now & in 3 years get the 300BHP growler Evoque!!

Personally, I think thats a bonkers idea. And I honestly don't mean to offend. A specced up pure is still a Pure and you will be told this by the same dealer come trade in time. I agree with you that I can't see that the other models are worth such a large premium over the Pure but its a case of go for what you can afford without stretching. My own advice for what its worth is that I'd always pay extra for a little more ooomph, even if I rarely use it and to me its worth far, far more that a tv in a car, especially when lots of people don't pay that money for their main home tv.

The second point I'd make is that a Pure with the right wheels and perhaps the roof, looks great and will sell easily when used but if people want tv's and high end options on a two or three year old car, which will still be holding plenty of its residuals, they'd probably go for the top end models.

Cheers YT
If you could change the Weather for Whether I'd be with you.
I still think the Prestige is worth every penny. In fact every time I get in it, it gets better.
(01-12-2011 05:13pm)ytshome Wrote: [ -> ]The second point I'd make is that a Pure with the right wheels and perhaps the roof, looks great and will sell easily when used but if people want tv's and high end options on a two or three year old car, which will still be holding plenty of its residuals, they'd probably go for the top end models.

Cheers YT

Of course as a Pure advocate, I think Valeter might be onto something. As long as you limit your spec list to the most popular items (pano roof) - you should aim to pay less to begin with so if your trade in down the line is less that's logical too. And that high end sat Nav or TV might not look that state of the art in 3 years!

When it comes to new vehicles get the one that will make you happy and don't try and speculate on used values. Especially if financing - factor into account the interest also paid on the difference between a Pure and Prem/Dyn.
If you buy a Pure at lower cost there will always be future buyers also wanting to spend a bit less. Especially if you throw on some non LR alloys (practice what I preach hehe). Just my opinion. Based on how I feel about my car. Which is ridiculous Smile
Of course a dealer will tell you a 'Pure is still a Pure'! - he wants to sell you a more expensive car. The Pure vs Prestige 'conversation' has been flogged to death on here. Some opt Pure specc'd up and some go Prestige. Each to their own choice (and budget). However, IMO (of course), specc'd Pure is the way to go and then you can waste your savings on beer & women!
That's what I done but I prefer ciderLaughingLaughing
it was a dilemma i went through myself, after i ticked all the option i wanted on a pure, i was pretty much 5k away from a prestige. Whilst i did really like the leather dash of the prestige a spec'd pure worked out best value for money. As someone else said you don't want to go too mad on options, if you get within 2k of a prestige you might as well get that. However remember sometimes the higher spec cars come with stuff you don't want and you have to pay for, i for one didny want auto wiper, and lights, i think i know when its dark and raining, also prestige comes with Nav, which i don't want (and has not had great reviews on here). If i could have had the dash from the prestige i would have done, but thats all i wanted, which i could not spec on a pure, and my spec came in at 4900 less than a prestige. that leaves me enough cash to buy two tanks of fuel the way prices are going Smile
cjfp, you better remove that red Evoque badge from your avatar then... Wink

I'm really glad I spent the extra and went Dynamic... I'm amazed how much I like the extra's like auto light and wipers they work really well, the Nav is much better than I expected and love the fact it built into both displays and I love the Dynamic Body kit over the other, and the angry red dials when I go Active dynamics Twisted Evil

But only do it if you can afford it of course, the Pure is a better deal to be driving the best car of the year!
Picking up on bits and pieces here

The Si4 could use more oomph.... besides being thirstier than a sailor on shore leave (maybe that's just the way I drive Laughing ) I can't imagine what more power you want - that's one fine engine in there with a real sense of urgency.

Never had to make the Pure vs Prestige / Dynamic tradeoff (no Pure in SA), that said I'd probably still have gone for the Prestige - the interior is just so awesome (and the leather dash is the reason I chose above Dynamic and two days into having it I'm more convinced about my choice than any time before getting it)

Auto Wiper, Lights etc. Maybe it's no big deal, but I got into my car two days ago, driven it in daytime, night time, rain, sunshine etc. and I have not had the need to touch any stalk of any other than indicating change of lane / turning - to me that's part of owning a Range Rover, everything just happens effortlessly.

Maybe just still so excited about getting the car, but all the bits folks mention they can do without are the bits that make this 1. A Range Rover and 2. An Evoque - if you cut them all out you are left with a really great looking concept car but once inside and driving it it could be any VW/BMW/Volvo/name your brand. Not implying for one minute Pure not a great deal, simply saying a the other bits are great to have.
Cripes, I've gone the other way, highly specced Pure to a Dynamic.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's