babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Not Sure Weather To Change My Model Or Not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(01-12-2011 09:22pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]cjfp, you better remove that red Evoque badge from your avatar then... Wink

That's just a temp photo that I like from all the photos I have.

As soon as I get my Pure I will be changing it, don't worry about that!

That any better ?
I'm still trying to decide should I change or not? As the difference for me is about £5k, do love the body kit on the dynamic but not the interior colours. If only the left you have the prestige with the dynamic body kit I'd go for that. So I went for a pure with all the options I wanted Smile would love to have adaptive cruise control but the don't offer that on any of the models Sad
Ha... I was only joking!Laughing But then so was Clarkson apparently!

Evo-King... I did the same Pure..spec up...to Dynamic!
I was also thinking Pure with bodykit depending on cost.
Evo-King... I did the same Pure..spec up...to Dynamic!
[/quote]

I too started off with a Pure and by the time I added the options I wanted it was so close to the Dynamic it was a no brainer to go for the Dynamic - which I was really pleased about as that was what I really wanted

I think the Dynamic coupe is the best looking model but its all down to personal taste

In the end as long as your happy with your choice and can afford it, go for it you only live once!
Going back to the start of Valeter's thread - the Sales Manager is a cute chap and knows it is easier (and safer) to sell upwards so a car with the options you want rather than selling downwards i.e. a Prestige or a Dynamic with kit you don't personally see much value in.

There is a hidden risk - especially if its your hard earned cash we are talking about and you are the kind of driver where you just have one lovely car in your family (there are posters here without that challenge I note Very Happy) or it's a company purchased motor.

When all the hype and shortages have died down and RR Evoques are a common sight on the roads (it's going to happen) then most of the residual value of a lot of the carefully chosen options (aside from probably Nav and Auto) will evaporate and the cars will be worth close to their base model valuations for a given year.

You can see the effect now if you look at leasing an Evoque instead of buying outright - there is very little difference in the monthly lease cost of a Pure Evoque with the Tech and Style packs and a Prestige - however the Prestige is worth quite a bit more money at say the 3 years/60,000 miles point because it isn't hit so heavily hit for depreciation because many of typical Pure extras are in the base vehicle as standard.

I have no axe to grind here and drew my own conclusions based on careful research.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's