babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Automatic or Manual?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi guys,

Going on my first test drive tomorrow

I am obviously used to manual cars but i am tempted to have an easier life by swaying to the automatic.

What is everyones experience with manual vs automatic on these cars and what is the tiptronic version like if there is one?

Does the automatic feel slower?

Still not decided which route I am going down yet I just need to sit down with the salesman and see what all the options come up to and see what i can do without!

Its got to be a five door, In black, black or red leather and diesel 190bhp...the rest will be slowly decided.

Thanks for all your help so far.
Auto more expensive,thirstier,higher road tax and lazier.Is ment to be quicker on paper but still cant convert me....now if it was 8 speed then maybe
I was dead set on the manual until I actually drove the SD4 auto, and I can honestly say it really was the best of both world's, In everyday driving the auto is great for those long motorway journeys and much less fatiguing when driving in stop/start traffic conditions, When it is time for a bit of fun using the paddle shift box was superb, instantly changing gear with a pull of a paddle, so much fun when using them on tight and twisty Cumbrian roads, a quick downshift before entering a bend ensures ample power for the exit, but honestly, keep an open mind & try and test both if you can but I am sure you will find the auto superb. good luck & enjoy your drive tomorrow!! Smile
If you're having a test drive tomorrow, make sure that you can drive each one back to back.
Thanks.
(30-11-2011 10:52pm)vinny Wrote: [ -> ]Auto more expensive,thirstier,higher road tax and lazier.Is ment to be quicker on paper but still cant convert me....now if it was 8 speed then maybe

Agree with you on this (spot on)Wink
They make Range Rovers with a manual shift? What is the world coming to............................Wink
(01-12-2011 09:35am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]They make Range Rovers with a manual shift? What is the world coming to............................Wink

Somewhere for me to hang my take-away bag !!
Auto all the way, leaves the left foot for braking duties!
(01-12-2011 10:00am)Gthornton Wrote: [ -> ]Auto all the way, leaves the left foot for braking duties!
You drive an Auto with both feetShocked
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's