babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Smart Key Not Found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone else experiencing the occasional Smart Key Not Found message? Has happened 3 times for me and seems to just go away if I turn off and on again.

I noticed there's a TOPIX bulletin called "SSM51558 - Smart key not found message or smart key lock..."

Can anyone with full TOPIX access please download this?

Thanks!
Happens in my Lexus regularly so I don't think it's a real failure. Probably simply a temporary interference of the key's signal. Resolves itself after a few seconds or indeed when you turn on/off.
Happened on the 1st day for me,never since.
Perhaps interference from keeping the key in pocket!!!
Had it once when I opened the door while the car was in ECO mode (start/stop) active, took ages to clear it and was even trying holding it under the steering column as in the manual. Never happened otherwise (except when the smart key really wasnt found!)
Problem with the Smart Key, is that they made it too Smart...when it's having a bad day and doesn't want to be found, you ain't got much chance of finding it, it's too bloody Smart for us.
0 problems Smile
Wbessada, why don't you try using your second key for a while to see if it's that particular key vs the car!?
(30-11-2011 07:15am)Evoqess Wrote: [ -> ]0 problems Smile
Wbessada, why don't you try using your second key for a while to see if it's that particular key vs the car!?

I like your thinking and we tried that already - my wife and I both use the car and its happened to us with both keys - once for me and twice for my wife.

I'm not overly concerned about it as it hasn't happened too many times so most likely interference or a hiccup.
wbessada,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this error message.

If you decide to visit your dealership to have this looked at and would like any assistance please let me know.

Regards

Nick
(30-11-2011 02:49pm)Nick@LandRover Wrote: [ -> ]wbessada,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this error message.

If you decide to visit your dealership to have this looked at and would like any assistance please let me know.

Regards

Nick

Thanks Nick, will do. Also can you please let us know if the issue in the thread below (related to iPhones in the Evoque) is being worked on or if there is a solution?

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-The-Evoqu...the-iPhone

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's