babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Handbrake Switch: Which side in a RHD vehicle?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's on the left in a LHD vehicle; I wonder if it is swapped on a RHD vehicle.
[Image: McGovern10_interview_06.jpg]
Even when you're sitting on the other side, it's not too far to reach. So I doubt they would swap it.

I noticed the same for the Parallel Park button by the way, in the seminar video. It's one of the buttons you would use a lot, and it seems to be on the wrong side for drivers in the UK. At least they're not taking RHD as a standard.
LR don't appear to swop the location of the EPB (Electronic Parking Brake) on the other models and AFAIK nobody has complained that it isn't right for any market. I would imagine that the fact that the Park Assist Button to the right or the left of the screen won't bother too many people. At least it isn't an awkward lever like the Volvo C30 has.

I have specced it as part of the Lux pack but I would find it hard to recall the last time I parked on the street and had to parallel park, I usually park in secure/ multistorey carparking in town not on the street and I don't recall ever having had to parallel park in any multistorey either.
The design of the dash does lend itself to being switched for RHD markets and if you look at the Park Assist video - you see that they have indeed swapped the brake switch over.

It’s nice to be buying a car where the RHD market has been considered from the start. One reason it didn't buy a previous generation 5 Series was the fact that the windscreen wipers swept the screen for LHD. I was not going to pay £40K for a car to be reminded every time it rained that BMW don't think as the driver I deserve to look out of a clear windscreen.
You're right, they did switch the hand brake.
Now I don't get why they didn't switch the nav buttons as well... should have been even more simple as it's just a sticker.
Reference URL's