babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Medic!!! Man down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I've been away for the last 13 days, working away in the delights of Sunny Peckham Shocked

Normally my car spends that amount of time sat in the works yard, but as it was only 8 days old I decided to leave it at home, for safety reasons.......dumb idea...very dumb...

one teatime as my wife embarked on the school run, she had a phone call from a girl in our office, she had a problem with a customer, with smaller kids screaming in 1 ear, customer trying to pull as fast one in the other, see slotted her Disco into reverse, spun it around on the drive only to forget that for once I'd left my car on the driveMadMadEmbarrassedEmbarrassed..

So 1 cracked lower nearside bumper,1 smashed lower rear light, 1 very upset wife, 1 very mad husband.

TBH damage is not that bad, Farnells are sorting it out, my wife is still very upset and I may milk it for a little longer, sometimes in life you just have accept that they are just lumps of metal/plastic and that anyone of us could have made a silly mistake while rushing around.....but still going to Milk itVery Happy

I took ownership of my Evoque on the 11th November and due to work and the above, I've actually had in my possession for 5 days.
In your signature, apologise isn't spelt with a z.
Sadly 5hit (spelt incorrectly for Victor Meldrew) happens Mooseman.
A few years back some idiot pulled out in front of me in my new motor and caused 11,000 worth of damage...was not happy!!!

As you say, noone was hurt and it's only metal...but I'd milk it for a long timeSmile
and for 2 weeks I thought I'd actually missed this forum!
as the sig says Tough Sh*T

the first reply about someone damaging their car is a comment about spellingLaughing

this really is a fun place to be
(27-11-2011 12:22pm)ajmooseman Wrote: [ -> ]as the sig says Tough Sh*T

Abolutely +1.

Hope you get your car sorted soon!

Ali Smile
Sometimes better to get that first one in and thank your lucky stars it was a minor one! You should be more relaxed now!
(27-11-2011 12:11pm)dandavis1 Wrote: [ -> ]In your signature, apologise isn't spelt with a z.

If that's all you can come out with then don't bother Exclamation

Great to see a positive attitude towards your misfortune ajmooseman and I'm sure you'll milk it for months to come Smile
ajmooseman,
Unlucky with the car and I hope it is sorted quickly, but unfortunately, these things happen and as long as no-one is hurt, then its just very annoying and inconvenient?

It would be much appreciated if you could share any comments regarding the repairs as it would be interesting to know how long repairs take to fix with the Evoque being such a new car?

As far as spelling mistakes etc....go, just rise above it. I am sure that the majority of corrections are written tongue in cheek, but I can't believe that some people have so little happening in their lives that they feel the need to constantly correct people who have a genuine interest in certain cars. For what its worth, most other forums are the same!
Wow you took that calmly I'd be very pissed. Good to hear no one was hurt.
(27-11-2011 09:48pm)fam1x Wrote: [ -> ]Wow you took that calmly I'd be very pissed. Good to hear no one was hurt.
The lads on site with me didn't think so. When the wife rang lets say the conversation went slightly one sided. On a positive note the work rate on site increased as everyone got their head down and dare not ask me anything!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's