Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Medic!!! Man down
ajmooseman

Medic!!! Man down

Well I've been away for the last 13 days, working away in the delights of Sunny Peckham Shocked

Normally my car spends that amount of time sat in the works yard, but as it was only 8 days old I decided to leave it at home, for safety reasons.......dumb idea...very dumb...

one teatime as my wife embarked on the school run, she had a phone call from a girl in our office, she had a problem with a customer, with smaller kids screaming in 1 ear, customer trying to pull as fast one in the other, see slotted her Disco into reverse, spun it around on the drive only to forget that for once I'd left my car on the driveMadMadEmbarrassedEmbarrassed..

So 1 cracked lower nearside bumper,1 smashed lower rear light, 1 very upset wife, 1 very mad husband.

TBH damage is not that bad, Farnells are sorting it out, my wife is still very upset and I may milk it for a little longer, sometimes in life you just have accept that they are just lumps of metal/plastic and that anyone of us could have made a silly mistake while rushing around.....but still going to Milk itVery Happy

I took ownership of my Evoque on the 11th November and due to work and the above, I've actually had in my possession for 5 days.

Disclaimer: FAO of Mark_n and others it may concern
While all efforts will be made to delivery statements in English. I can only apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes made while posting my thoughts and opinions. If any post featuring such mistakes should offend, then tough SH*T!
(This post was last modified: 27-11-2011 12:49pm by ajmooseman.)
27-11-2011 12:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dandavis1

RE: Medic!!! Man down

In your signature, apologise isn't spelt with a z.
(This post was last modified: 27-11-2011 12:11pm by dandavis1.)
27-11-2011 12:11pm
Daigriff

Sadly 5hit (spelt incorrectly for Victor Meldrew) happens Mooseman.
A few years back some idiot pulled out in front of me in my new motor and caused 11,000 worth of damage...was not happy!!!

As you say, noone was hurt and it's only metal...but I'd milk it for a long timeSmile

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 27-11-2011 05:16pm by Daigriff.)
27-11-2011 12:21pm
ajmooseman

and for 2 weeks I thought I'd actually missed this forum!
as the sig says Tough Sh*T

the first reply about someone damaging their car is a comment about spellingLaughing

this really is a fun place to be

While all efforts will be made to delivery statements in English. I can only apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes made while posting my thoughts and opinions. If any post featuring such mistakes should offend, then tough SH*T!
27-11-2011 12:22pm
alibeau

(27-11-2011 12:22pm)ajmooseman Wrote:  as the sig says Tough Sh*T

Abolutely +1.

Hope you get your car sorted soon!

Ali Smile
27-11-2011 12:28pm
ChuckieB

Sometimes better to get that first one in and thank your lucky stars it was a minor one! You should be more relaxed now!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
27-11-2011 02:25pm
PAT

(27-11-2011 12:11pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  In your signature, apologise isn't spelt with a z.

If that's all you can come out with then don't bother Exclamation

Great to see a positive attitude towards your misfortune ajmooseman and I'm sure you'll milk it for months to come Smile

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
27-11-2011 02:55pm
ceebee

ajmooseman,
Unlucky with the car and I hope it is sorted quickly, but unfortunately, these things happen and as long as no-one is hurt, then its just very annoying and inconvenient?

It would be much appreciated if you could share any comments regarding the repairs as it would be interesting to know how long repairs take to fix with the Evoque being such a new car?

As far as spelling mistakes etc....go, just rise above it. I am sure that the majority of corrections are written tongue in cheek, but I can't believe that some people have so little happening in their lives that they feel the need to constantly correct people who have a genuine interest in certain cars. For what its worth, most other forums are the same!

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
27-11-2011 04:10pm
fam1x

Wow you took that calmly I'd be very pissed. Good to hear no one was hurt.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
27-11-2011 09:48pm
ajmooseman

(27-11-2011 09:48pm)fam1x Wrote:  Wow you took that calmly I'd be very pissed. Good to hear no one was hurt.
The lads on site with me didn't think so. When the wife rang lets say the conversation went slightly one sided. On a positive note the work rate on site increased as everyone got their head down and dare not ask me anything!

27-11-2011 11:54pm