babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Anyone seen Havana yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has seen the colour Havana? It was supposed to be available starting November, the month's almost over. Pictures would be great if anyone has some. I was curious if it is a really dark brown or if it's closer to Porsche's Macadamia, which is medium brown.
Hi ameer.
Its available to order from November which means you won't see one until next year! Wink
(21-11-2011 04:04pm)griff Wrote: [ -> ]Hi ameer.
Its available to order from November which means you won't see one until next year! Wink

Yeah... I guess I didn't look at it from that angle. I was thinking it could have been ordered but the car wouldn't have been built until november. Though the same thing can be said of Mauritius Blue, and we've seen a few of those. If my memory serves me right Mauritius also had late availability.
(21-11-2011 03:55pm)ameer Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has seen the colour Havana? It was supposed to be available starting November, the month's almost over. Pictures would be great if anyone has some. I was curious if it is a really dark brown or if it's closer to Porsche's Macadamia, which is medium brown.

Hi ameer.

We had to make a decision between Havana and Barolo Black, without seeing a car.

We ended up taking the colour samples outside in direct sunlight against the side of an Orkney Grey Evoque.

Ended up choosing Barolo Black which has reddy/bronze flakes so it looks more like the burgundy side of black.

Havana has purple/lilac tinge to it, it is somewhere between Orkney grey and black but has that purple look, if you remember Audi did a metallic silver paint with a purple effect, Havana is much darker.

Still very difficult to visualise without seeing any though.
The barolo is the one with the purple effect.

the havana is the one with the bronze/brown effect.
(22-11-2011 05:54am)chiggy Wrote: [ -> ]The barolo is the one with the purple effect.

the havana is the one with the bronze/brown effect.

Are you sure? Because the samples we used were the other way round, has there been a sample mix up?

Any of you others seen them?
(22-11-2011 10:55am)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure? Because the samples we used were the other way round, has there been a sample mix up?

Any of you others seen them?

I saw a sample of Havana at the Evoque live event and it looked to have a bronze/brown tint. I can't remember about Barolo unfortunately.
(22-11-2011 12:07pm)Atlantis Wrote: [ -> ]I saw a sample of Havana at the Evoque live event and it looked to have a bronze/brown tint. I can't remember about Barolo unfortunately.

Think a quick visit to the dealer is necessary, I'm not liking the sound of this, daft thing was there were three of us looking at these colours.
The Barolo is definitely the purple tinge black.

I was going to order the Havana until i figured it just looks black to me most of the time and already have a black car in the house. I remember specifically looking for the havana cause I had heard it was beautiful and when the dealer showed it to me - it was 110% the brown.

Barolo is definitely the purple black - know this cause I didnt want it.
mmmm... actually, the Havana when I looked at (Dealer advised me to take the sample and walk outside in the sun) either displayed a gold/brown/bronzy effect or a blueish purply grey effect depending on the angle viewed from (a little like those TVR's where the paint changed colour depending on the angle all those years ago).

The Barolo was as said before, blackish or burgundy (seen it referred to as cherry as well) depending on the angle - don't recall seeing all that much purple.

But then these things are "in the eye of the beholder"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's