babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Dilemma? cancel or not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well before i start my rant I would like to say i dont blame my dealer for this situation however i am seriously now considering cancelling my evoque. When i ordered the car i was over the moon, I also knew that i was highly unlikely to see my car this side of christmas. So wating from June to early 2012 is not really an issue.

Since then the negativity on here about orders, the unknown state of play with order books, delivery times etc etc has got me questioning whether or not to cancel just to get away from it all. The forum is not entirely to blaim though as i am a worrier myself!

The evoque was always going to be a big purchase for me and at 30k was about the max i was prepared to spend on a car and still leave me some rainy day money in the bank. As a public servant I probably dont earn as much as most on here. Money isnt the problem as the cash is there waiting in my bank (savings as i dont do credit) but I am now thinking with delays and stuff would it be better for me to order something a bit cheaper with a more transparent supply chain and less wait.

For example i could get a very top of the range Nissan quashquai for 22k with nissan friends/family discount instead of 26k list. This would be the brand new 130hp diesel manual 4x4 with loads of kit, leather,nav,xenons,pano roof, all round cameras, bose system etc etc. This would leave me 7k spare to do with as i like, maybe pay of the mortgage or use some to buy an engagemet ring for the mrs. I appreciate that the nissan wont have the same interior quality or off road ability but it will probably be all i will ever need.

I am also considering other alternatives upto about 25-26k too such as skoda yeti, vw tiguan.

I really dont know what to do? heart tells me to be patient and positive and wait for an evoque, head tells me the other route.
The cashkey would (probably?) be worth more than 7k less than an Evoque in 3-4 years time, if finances are bothering you, so the Evoque will be cheaper in the long run.
Be patient, I would imagine a range rover evoque will hold its value more than the other cars you are considering. Not only that, It is ten times better than the other cars your considering. Better to drive, Better off road, Better looks, better interior quality. Definatly worth the money
Good things come to those who wait !
be patient mate. also a public servant. The car is worth the wait. I agree the whole tone of the forum is now quiet negative, which is a real shame. I know why it is. LR have made a hash of things...as usual I might say, but the car is great and you will love it when you get it.

Hang on!!!!
You should wait. Your Quashquai logic doesn't add up. By spending £22k on a top of the range model you are understandably attempting to procure a substitute for the Evoque. You will be permanently disappointed with this every time an Evoque drives past and the £7k you saved probably won't mean as much to you as the £22k you spent on the underdog.

If your alternative was to abandon the idea of an SUV altogether and go for something totally different, then perhaps that would be a better idea (although I would advise you still to wait for the Evoque). As things stand, though, I think the Nissan is a bad idea!

Don't let the forum get you down. Everyone is frustrated and excited at the same time and that's a heady mix.
No

You'll only end up worrying if you did anywayWink

Also, the cars you are looking at are good yes, but not in the same league as the Evoque...and every time you see an Evoque go by you will regret the decision...and end up worrying more!!!!!!

BTW if I were you I'd try and keep off the messageboards if all the negativity affects you and just try and enjoy the wait.
Hang on in there. The wait will be worth it and before you know it you'll be thinking back and laughing at all the worrying about delays on the forum!
hi,
for me, rrevoque is more cost than other similair SUV, like X1, X3, Q3, Q5 or another asian SUV...but rrevoque have something than other have not !
it's a collector car...
Regards
Always good to listen to advice from those that are in the similar situation as your self, I thought of the same.Should I cancel and go for Nissan or Skoda ,but then the smile would not be as big as when your driving the RRE and yes the pleasure, so its hands down RRE for me all the way.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's