babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Dilemma? cancel or not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am going through the same thought process....

But I'm gonna hold my nerve..... Hopefully playing MW3 and Skyrim on the Xbox will distract for a few weeks
I think its crazy to cancel now, how long have you been waiting for and have they given you a delivery date?

If possible just hold in there I saw on drive past me yesterday on the road and it looked amazing I rolled down the windows to get a closer look (sad I know)

Go back to the dealer and get them to give you a voucher to go off roading with the car and you will love it Smile
(11-11-2011 03:23pm)fam1x Wrote: [ -> ]I think its crazy to cancel now, how long have you been waiting for and have they given you a delivery date?

If possible just hold in there I saw on drive past me yesterday on the road and it looked amazing I rolled down the windows to get a closer look (sad I know)

Go back to the dealer and get them to give you a voucher to go off roading with the car and you will love it Smile

not got a delivery date, was meant to be on next order call but who knows when that may be?? (i know this is not the dealers fault)
(11-11-2011 04:24pm)ED209 Wrote: [ -> ]not got a delivery date, was meant to be on next order call but who knows when that may be?? (i know this is not the dealers fault)

Same here Sad was told order call should have opened this week, but not heard anything yet

Was looking at alternatives and been offered a Q5 with £5k discount which will be instock next week, tempted as it is nice spec, leather interior 2.0 tdi, with a few nice bits. Seriously going to have to give it some thought, and my head says nice sensible family car, very practicle, and audi build quality.

Heart says its just a jacked up A4 and ugly as sin. Laughing
Don't like Q5 but do like Q7 but I seriously don't need 7 seats or a 3l engine!
A slightly alternative view.

Spending £30k on anything that depreciates as fast as a car is crazy - but we do it because we are all car nuts and the concept of 'ownership' seems to give us a warm glow.

My suggestion would be to look at getting the vehicle on private contract hire (PCH) - the deposit is typically 3 months up front and then a monthly rental for 24/36/48 months. At the end of the contract you just give it back. Compared with buying a car it makes a lot of sense - depreciation (and road fund licence) aren't your problem. That said - cars with high residual values - i.e. RREs are cheaper to acquire this way too.

Eith your supplying dealer or a broker would be able to sort out the car you have on order in your name too.

My current Audi (has my personal reg on it too) is on PCH and its an absolute no-brainer - expecially if your annual mileage is around 10k. Landrover do PCH - but their rates aren't very competitive. This forum is partly funded by a finance company IIRC so I don't want to post the broker's name that I used.

Worth investigating?
(11-11-2011 06:49pm)Straydox Wrote: [ -> ]A slightly alternative view.

Spending £30k on anything that depreciates as fast as a car is crazy - but we do it because we are all car nuts and the concept of 'ownership' seems to give us a warm glow.

My suggestion would be to look at getting the vehicle on private contract hire (PCH) - the deposit is typically 3 months up front and then a monthly rental for 24/36/48 months. At the end of the contract you just give it back. Compared with buying a car it makes a lot of sense - depreciation (and road fund licence) aren't your problem. That said - cars with high residual values - i.e. RREs are cheaper to acquire this way too.

Eith your supplying dealer or a broker would be able to sort out the car you have on order in your name too.

My current Audi (has my personal reg on it too) is on PCH and its an absolute no-brainer - expecially if your annual mileage is around 10k. Landrover do PCH - but their rates aren't very competitive. This forum is partly funded by a finance company IIRC so I don't want to post the broker's name that I used.

Worth investigating?

Nah thanks. I have paid cash for my last 5 brand new cars and the evoque will be the 6th. Its just the way i like to do things. I think i am quite good at spotting/buying cars that hold their money quite well and i can always sell up if i have a problem as the cars mine. It might not make much sense to people but its just the way i like to do it.

Think I might give it til the end of next week and see if any more info comes to light. Then i will review my situation.

Another option i have found today is a skoda yeti 4x4 170hp manual elegance discounted to £21400. Some cars available in dec and some in Jan.
(11-11-2011 07:22pm)ED209 Wrote: [ -> ]Nah thanks. I have paid cash for my last 5 brand new cars and the evoque will be the 6th. Its just the way i like to do things. I think i am quite good at spotting/buying cars that hold their money quite well and i can always sell up if i have a problem as the cars mine. It might not make much sense to people but its just the way i like to do it.

Think I might give it til the end of next week and see if any more info comes to light. Then i will review my situation.

Another option i have found today is a skoda yeti 4x4 170hp manual elegance discounted to £21400. Some cars available in dec and some in Jan.

If you have the cash ready, have you not considered looking on autotrader on the web or pisitonheads classifieds. There are built cars out there with delivery mileage on them, who know you might be tempted and in an Evoque before christmas.

Just a thought.
Fully agree with Diagriff, the forum has lots of negativity and checking the forum all of the time just prolongs the agony of waiting?
(11-11-2011 07:32pm)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]If you have the cash ready, have you not considered looking on autotrader on the web or pisitonheads classifieds. There are built cars out there with delivery mileage on them, who know you might be tempted and in an Evoque before christmas.

Just a thought.

Not really an option 30k is the absolute max i want to spend and theres no chance of any speculators selling any cars for less than 30k.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's