babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Annoying door open 'bing' sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to turn off the driver-side door open bing sound?

I quite often have the car started, but want to have the door open to chat to someone for example.

I really don't think there is the need for such an incessant noise Shocked. I'm usually pretty aware when the door is open!
I thought all new cars had this 'feature' but I'm not aware if it can be switched off
(04-11-2011 06:37pm)ukmgranger Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to turn off the driver-side door open bing sound?

I quite often have the car started, but want to have the door open to chat to someone for example.

I really don't think there is the need for such an incessant noise Shocked. I'm usually pretty aware when the door is open!

Solution found,see this thread......
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Open-Door...ight=chime
The seatbelt chime can sometimes be stopped by inserting and ejecting the seatbelt clip approx 10 times in under a minute.
I expect these things like the ghastly sun-visor stickers are part of nanny state vehicle type approval rules and cannot be switched off. You could of course take the instrument panel apart and find the offending sounder and castrate the car by removing it.
There is an option in the menu system called something like 'audible alarm' - could any of you guys with cars try that to see if it's related? I've asked my dealer but he wasn't sure
(05-11-2011 10:37am)WB Wrote: [ -> ]There is an option in the menu system called something like 'audible alarm' - could any of you guys with cars try that to see if it's related? I've asked my dealer but he wasn't sure

I can't recall seeing this in the menu,but will look for it tomorrow...in the mean time,has anyone found out the answer to the original question in post # 1 ?
Can't be mute it's a nanny state. My Lexus was the same way it was worse if you have the door open and in gear
It's the world we live in. Everything dose it.

My evoque
Microwave
Fridge
Washing machine
My bus at work (although it dosen't tell you have left your lights on and come back after my break and it won't start)

Can't think of anything else
Reference URL's