Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Annoying door open 'bing' sound
ukmgranger

Annoying door open 'bing' sound

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to turn off the driver-side door open bing sound?

I quite often have the car started, but want to have the door open to chat to someone for example.

I really don't think there is the need for such an incessant noise Shocked. I'm usually pretty aware when the door is open!
04-11-2011 06:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PAT

RE: Annoying door open 'bing' sound

I thought all new cars had this 'feature' but I'm not aware if it can be switched off

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
04-11-2011 07:18pm
benzina

(04-11-2011 06:37pm)ukmgranger Wrote:  Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to turn off the driver-side door open bing sound?

I quite often have the car started, but want to have the door open to chat to someone for example.

I really don't think there is the need for such an incessant noise Shocked. I'm usually pretty aware when the door is open!

Solution found,see this thread......
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Open-Door...ight=chime

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2012 02:37am by benzina.)
05-11-2011 01:16am
cjfp

The seatbelt chime can sometimes be stopped by inserting and ejecting the seatbelt clip approx 10 times in under a minute.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
05-11-2011 07:01am
mark_n

I expect these things like the ghastly sun-visor stickers are part of nanny state vehicle type approval rules and cannot be switched off. You could of course take the instrument panel apart and find the offending sounder and castrate the car by removing it.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2011 08:18am by mark_n.)
05-11-2011 08:17am
WB
WB

There is an option in the menu system called something like 'audible alarm' - could any of you guys with cars try that to see if it's related? I've asked my dealer but he wasn't sure
05-11-2011 10:37am
benzina

(05-11-2011 10:37am)WB Wrote:  There is an option in the menu system called something like 'audible alarm' - could any of you guys with cars try that to see if it's related? I've asked my dealer but he wasn't sure

I can't recall seeing this in the menu,but will look for it tomorrow...in the mean time,has anyone found out the answer to the original question in post # 1 ?

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
03-03-2012 02:04pm
slee18

Can't be mute it's a nanny state. My Lexus was the same way it was worse if you have the door open and in gear

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
03-03-2012 07:02pm
J77

It's the world we live in. Everything dose it.

My evoque
Microwave
Fridge
Washing machine
My bus at work (although it dosen't tell you have left your lights on and come back after my break and it won't start)

Can't think of anything else

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
04-03-2012 04:43pm