babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Quality Control Process
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have had confirmation today that my car is going through the Quality Control Process at Halewood...does anyone know how long this process is supposed to take?

Also, my VIN is still not showing any results on TOPIx...at what point does the car detail become accessible on TOPIx (i.e. if my car is built and just going through quality control, should it already be visible to me on TOPIx?)

That's all for now...off to check old jackets and look under the sofa for some money to pay for the thing!
My qc process took 2 days mate.
Thanks buddy
My car started build on 14th according to Vista
Topix tells me it was built on the 18th
Dealer called it over for delivery on 19th
Delivered to dealers on the 20th
Visible on Topix on 21st

1 more sleep to go......
Lucky you...enjoy!

Mine started build on the 7th...can only assume that they are making it by hand!! So I should be chuffed at the wait really, can't be many hand built Range Rovers out there!! Smile

Why has it taken so long for the Dealer to get it ready for you? Is that normal? I was hoping for a 24hr turn-around?
(24-10-2011 07:27pm)Token Wrote: [ -> ]Lucky you...enjoy!

Mine started build on the 7th...can only assume that they are making it by hand!! So I should be chuffed at the wait really, can't be many hand built Range Rovers out there!! Smile

Why has it taken so long for the Dealer to get it ready for you? Is that normal? I was hoping for a 24hr turn-around?

That's down to me, been in Sweden then London since Wednesday. I'd never have booked it if I'd have thought the car might turn up.

Dealers (Shukers -Shrewsbury) have been great and had the car ready since Sat!
Good luck tomorrow Acwats, Make sure you get the oil, if you're assuming it's included... Laughing
Time allotted by Land Rover for PDi and prep for sale is IIRC 3 hours................
I was told that QC checks outside the production line can take up to 4 days - maybe a little quicker now.
PDI at handover was about 4 hrs.
ANT
I think the QC time will depend on what they find and how much of the car has to come apart to fix it. If the 4 days is correct, they are taking longer to fix it than it took to build. Still, having the car checked over carefully by separately accountable eyes can only be good.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's