babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Xenon Headlight Beam Pattern
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
On question I have is with regards the Xenon Headlight beam pattern. According to the user handbook the headlights have been developed so that if driving on the continent the beam does not need to be switched. If this is the case are the Xenon headlights for the RHD model the same as for the LHD model? If they are this will save me a few quid as I will not need to buy a second set of headlights for export.
They are changed over electronically by the user.
Same headlights - just set them for LHD or RHD option.
Great for travelling abroad from Britain or vice versa.
ANT
(24-10-2011 10:31pm)ant Wrote: [ -> ]They are changed over electronically by the user.
Same headlights - just set them for LHD or RHD option.
Great for travelling abroad from Britain or vice versa.
ANT

Ant,

Thanks for the reply but I see nothing mentioned of this in the User Handbook. Can you explain how the lights are switched for continental driving? I have adaptive xenons fitted.
Sorry, I'm in Houston just now, so nowhere near the car or the manual. I'm pretty sure the dealer went through it when setting the car up at handover (Paul if you're reading this can you respond please?).
If I remember rightly, it is on the menu on the screen between the dials and you can choose LHD or RHD for the headlights.
I will check when I get home on Friday, unless anyone else can confirm this in the meantime.
ANT
Very Happy
(25-10-2011 05:06pm)ant Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I'm in Houston just now, so nowhere near the car or the manual. I'm pretty sure the dealer went through it when setting the car up at handover (Paul if you're reading this can you respond please?).
If I remember rightly, it is on the menu on the screen between the dials and you can choose LHD or RHD for the headlights.
I will check when I get home on Friday, unless anyone else can confirm this in the meantime.
ANT
Very Happy

Thanks Ant, I'll have a look later and post back.
If you go to Topix website and look in the online handbook page 40 all it says is the headlight pattern is suitable for both UK and Continental driving, there is no adjustment - even if you have adaptives. You dazzle everybody! Owners manual pages for headlights are here http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/...navpanes=0
(26-10-2011 09:31am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]If you go to Topix website and look in the online handbook page 40 all it says is the headlight pattern is suitable for both UK and Continental driving, there is no adjustment - even if you have adaptives. You dazzle everybody! Owners manual pages for headlights are here http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/...navpanes=0

Agreed Tim hence my original question are the headlights the same for both LHD and RHD. This is an important question for me as it will save me having to fork out £750 for a set of LHD lights. I believe the parts code for a set of Eu adaptive xenons is LR024269 and LR024270 but what I cannot find out is if these are the same part no's for both LH and RH drive vehicles and if they are different what the differences are. The handbook indicates that the headlights are the same for each vehicle but I need to confirm this.
Plidds send a pm to member Nik@landrover - Nik is in customer services and should be able to get you the answer. I know your problem as a friend of mine who is part time resident in Belgium has a UK supplied LHD RRS TDV8 that is UK registered but he had to buy a set of UK dipping pattern headlights to pass his UK MOT - just as well I had a spare set to sell! You will find Nick posts to this thread http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Hi-Everyone
(26-10-2011 10:00am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Plidds send a pm to member Nik@landrover - Nik is in customer services and should be able to get you the answer. I know your problem as a friend of mine who is part time resident in Belgium has a UK supplied LHD RRS TDV8 that is UK registered but he had to buy a set of UK dipping pattern headlights to pass his UK MOT - just as well I had a spare set to sell! You will find Nick posts to this thread http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Hi-Everyone

I have already done this and the answer came back that it is suitable for LHD or RHD without adjustment even for Halogen. Frankly I don't believe him it as I am buying "LHD" lights to register my car in Germany. The only way this may be true is if LR are fitting ROW beam pattern (ie almost flat beam) as opposed to EU, positive kink upto the right (LHD) or left (RHD). Either eay for registration purposed one must have totally flat or positive dip to the appropriate side of the road for the vehicle to be permenantly registered in the EU. An almost flat will only surfice for temporary tourist use.

What it needs is someone to photograph their light pattern against a wall at night and then a similar picture if they select the oposite setting for their country. This will then close of the debate.
(26-10-2011 10:23am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote: [ -> ]I have already done this and the answer came back that it is suitable for LHD or RHD without adjustment even for Halogen. Frankly I don't believe him it as I am buying "LHD" lights to register my car in Germany. The only way this may be true is if LR are fitting ROW beam pattern (ie almost flat beam) as opposed to EU, positive kink upto the right (LHD) or left (RHD). Either eay for registration purposed one must have totally flat or positive dip to the appropriate side of the road for the vehicle to be permenantly registered in the EU. An almost flat will only surfice for temporary tourist use.

What it needs is someone to photograph their light pattern against a wall at night and then a similar picture if they select the oposite setting for their country. This will then close of the debate.

Thanks again Tim for the response.

BFGEvoqueMan; I'm taking mine for the lights test on Thursday next week and will have it checked with the UK supplied lights fitted and see what the outcome is. This may mean buying a set of LHD lights but at least I will then know. I will in the meantime check against a wall and try and post a picture and will also check the setting on the dashboard to see if you can configure for LHD or RHD and will let you know.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's