babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: WHEN IS AN ORDER NOT AN ORDER
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Sorry to bring this subject back up again I placed an order for SD4 pure paid full deposit July and configured the car and gave the build details to dealer Sep 6th with xenon lights, before the release to the showroom and general public on the 8th Sep,I have been out of the country and on return advised that now you can not spec xenons on the pure, but when I placed the order you could on the configurator, So to me anyone that placed there order when you could spec it on the configurator and confirm with dealer should get what they ordered. Been in contact to ask land rover customer service why i can not have the lights, With out much joy and the promise will phone you back and still waiting. Why cant they provide this option on orders already placed before they discontinued it on the pure.The panroof had a cut-off date for the old price and new price why have the xenons not had the same treatment Totally unhappy customer. Garry
If you have paid an early deposit, and have specced your car and it's on Vista then you should still get the lights.

I'm not really sure how Newcastle dealer works regarding orders. There amens to be some people who think they have an order placed, but have not been advised on delivery date.

I know mine is on Vista, and know that delivery has gone back to jan.
Funnily enough, same dealer as me.

I ordered over 2 weeks before you and i still dont have a date. I was told last week that i will be in the next batch of orders put through.

I was told in mid september that i would miss the october batch of orders as i was 19th on the list and the order batch would be 16 cars. You will obviously be further down the list than me but how far i have no idea. I had to ask to be told this though, the info wasnt volunteered.
Didn’t think they could do that once you have ordered it and paid a deposit they should keep the word. According to the law which states if its listed then they have to sell you at that price maybe I'm wrong and the law has changed.

Keep us posted sorry to hear your having such bad luck with the dealer, I'm still waiting for a deliver date Sad
I think you'll find in the T's & C's of your order (note I have not looked recently) they are able to cancel or offer modifications to the order at anytime. Obviously it's not good customer service but they are able to do it if neccessary, it's to cover them for production issues etc... Oh! like they have. You can probably work it out with your dealer/customer service to get the Xenon's but it will undoubtedly cost you delay.
I would like to think that if they had accepted your order on the vista system with xenons then they would honour them. I guess it depends when your dealer put the order in, maybe they sat on it for sometime.
It is unlikely that the law will say they have to fulfil anything at the same price as quoted...they would just have to offer a refund of the deposit if the goods as offered are no longer available (or available at the same price).

I can understand why they have done what they have done, but in the interests of good customer service and keeping customers (especially PURE Customers who appear to generally be first time Range Rover customers), they really should be compensating those that are losing xenons...surely the least they can do is offer a free first service, probably at a cost of pennies to them but a significant bonus for us.
(24-10-2011 12:25pm)garryforrestuk Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to bring this subject back up again I placed an order for SD4 pure paid full deposit July and configured the car and gave the build details to dealer Sep 6th with xenon lights, before the release to the showroom and general public on the 8th Sep,I have been out of the country and on return advised that now you can not spec xenons on the pure, but when I placed the order you could on the configurator, So to me anyone that placed there order when you could spec it on the configurator and confirm with dealer should get what they ordered. Been in contact to ask land rover customer service why i can not have the lights, With out much joy and the promise will phone you back and still waiting. Why cant they provide this option on orders already placed before they discontinued it on the pure.The panroof had a cut-off date for the old price and new price why have the xenons not had the same treatment Totally unhappy customer. Garry

I am in a simlar position as you, but order placed in March, (Pure with Xenons), but my dealer has confirmed to me in writing that JLR will be honouring the order and I will get my car with Xenons.
its a bit odd.

i ordered my pure with xenons about 2 weeks ago now... and my dealer here in Australia told me that there have been a few delays with the xenons, but that they were still an option on the pure no problem and has been put on the order.

I haven't been allocated a build slot yet - but is likely to be between mid Dec and beginning Jan.

I haven't heard any issues here about the xenons not being offered on the pure anymore...

Considering they already charge ridiculous prices for the evoque here I'm guessing telling customers that they just can't have a pure with xenons is likely to cause some major disruption!

Maybe its different for different regions....!
(24-10-2011 12:25pm)garryforrestuk Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to bring this subject back up again I placed an order for SD4 pure paid full deposit July and configured the car and gave the build details to dealer Sep 6th with xenon lights, before the release to the showroom and general public on the 8th Sep,I have been out of the country and on return advised that now you can not spec xenons on the pure, but when I placed the order you could on the configurator, So to me anyone that placed there order when you could spec it on the configurator and confirm with dealer should get what they ordered. Been in contact to ask land rover customer service why i can not have the lights, With out much joy and the promise will phone you back and still waiting. Why cant they provide this option on orders already placed before they discontinued it on the pure.The panroof had a cut-off date for the old price and new price why have the xenons not had the same treatment Totally unhappy customer. Garry

My previous experience with Landrover Customer Services was dreadfull. They are programmed like robots to say things like "I am very sorry there is an issue or unfortunately I don't know the answer" what they really mean is they arn't bothered! So I doubt you will get a call, they told me numerous times that someone would call me back (3 times in one week) & I never got a call.

What is that about the panoramic roof at old price?
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's