babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: WHEN IS AN ORDER NOT AN ORDER
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(25-10-2011 09:30pm)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]Berlin.

You make total sense in your post, but the trouble with many car purchases is that the heart rules the head and often style wins out over substance.

I personally will be holding out for xenons.

Me Too !!! Besides, once you have driven a car with Xenon's going back(wards) to Halogen is very diappointing, Iv done it and the night time driving experiece is NOT the same !
(25-10-2011 09:34pm)WorldTraveler Wrote: [ -> ]Me Too !!! Besides, once you have driven a car with Xenon's going back(wards) to Halogen is very diappointing, Iv done it and the night time driving experiece is NOT the same !

I've just driven a Volvo C30 with "Extra bright" Halogens fitted and night vision isn't a patch on my aging Mazda with Xenon's! Would not be without them... sorry to add to your dilemma!
Relatively pro halogen here. Certainly don't believe the xenon yes/no issue would have me looking at another vehicle. There is nothing out there like the Evoque - the car awards and accolades are beginning to roll in. The novelty of the bling LEDs will fade don't you think? I also remember someone saying they had to add fogs to a previous vehicle with xenons to match the light output of high output halogens. We are talking about lighting the road aren't we - or just cosmetics Wink
The main reason for me is the Signature running lights, When the order with my dealer was placed you where able to request these as an option on the configurator.
Pete bell-auto-services
Can you help with the retro fit of the Xenon headlights if i go down that road.
Will they fit and work as Xenon's.
Can I enable the DRLs and change the bulb to halogen.
And can you still order them on your system and what price are they. Any help please. Garry
Garry, I'm of totally the same opinion, I'm really not bothered about the Xenon part, I've had them (on a Mazda 6 sport same as Phillskill) and went back to a car without them and the amount of night time driving I do, I'm really not bothered.
But to loose the signature lighting Mad
in theory DRL's shouldn't need enabling on a retrofit as the halogen units have a DRL too
I've added a picture to help the conversation.

The Halogeon DRL is LED.
It projects down into the reflector and creates a single bright light.
I haven't got the car until 16:00 today, but if you want some more photos let me know.
From more than 20m I don't think you can see the difference between this and the Sig (Yes I'd prefer the sigs, they are better, but at £710 or to even cancel a car seems a bit excessive to me)
[Image: drl.jpg]
(26-10-2011 12:50pm)Acwats Wrote: [ -> ](Yes I'd prefer the sigs, they are better, but at £710 or to even cancel a car seems a bit excessive to me)

+1 - it's a headlamp, it makes light. Move on.
Hope some potential buyers or reluctant receipients find this useful. (BTW it dims just like the Sig lights (and Audis) when indicating)

Picture looking up into the DRL lens.
[Image: LED.jpg]

Lights on
[Image: DRLon.jpg]

Lights off
[Image: DRLoff.jpg]
thanks Thumbs Up
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's