babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Si4 Turbo Or Not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am of the understanding that the Si4 is a Turbo but we popped into the local dealer yesterday - Guy Salmon in Maidstone just to show my brother in law the Evoque again (who now is planning to get one lol). I got talking to a salesman who I had previously spoken to & told him I had ordered one (elsewhere due to their deposit facility) & when I said I had ordered the petrol Turbo he looked at me as if I was green & said "Turbo there is no turbo it's natuarally aspirated" & I said I'm positive it's a turbo.
I've watched loads of youtube videos & they say turbo plus it states it in the brochure lol.

Probably just as well I chose not to buy from there as they would probably fill it with diesel on handover!
Another totally clueless dealer. idiots.
And after the sales staff from all dealerships were all sent on product awareness training too............
When I hear things like this I truly wonder A) how much interest the salesman actually has in the product he is supposed to be selling and B) how dealer management end up hiring such people.
Most just see it as a job and a way to earn a living sadly. I friend of mine works for BMW and I'd have loved to have given him the business as he is a petrol head..but the X3 fell just short.
Of course it is a turbo, there is no way you can get 120 bhp/litre without it. The salesman is a clueless idiot. Depressing isn't it?
(23-10-2011 02:47pm)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]Of course it is a turbo, there is no way you can get 120 bhp/litre without it. The salesman is a clueless idiot. Depressing isn't it?

orly? honda s2000 JDM honda civic type R both 240hp from a 2 litre engine. Not enought torque for a landrover though!
(23-10-2011 02:47pm)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]The salesman is a clueless idiot. Depressing isn't it?

Bit like the salesman who handed over an auto Freelander 2 to customer and 'forgot' to mention it had Command Shift and the customer didn't find out about Command Shift until he went on a LR Experience Day and mentioned to the instructor that he didn't have it. Which of course he did - cue embarrassed owner.
Even LRE's aren't exempt from lack of product knowledge............. they kept telling me that the HDC on my RRS would only work in low ratio gear box and with a TR programme selected. So had to take them around their off road track and prove to them that it works very well in high box too, and in highway setting of the TR. They were also under the impression that HDC on Freelander1 didn't work when reverse was selected, what we found was that while HDC did work in reverse on their cars the TC didn't.
Reference URL's