babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Pure, Xenons and LED signature lights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I have on order a Pure 5dr Sd4 Auto Firenze which is scheduled to be delivered on Dec 1st. Until today, my dealer did not have a spec sheet for the vehicle. I received one today and it shows "Headlamps - Xenon with LED signature lighting" as an option on Pure and standard on Prestige and Dynamic.

And then my dealer says that my Pure is not fitted with this option and if I want a Pure with Xenons & Signature LED, I have to wait till March 2012. But what confused me is that the dealer then said my Pure is fitted with Xenons but not the Signature LED lighting. His line of thinking was even the base LR2 is fitted with Xenons, so the RRE should have Xenons. I have a feeling my dealer is a little clueless about this topic.

I know that there is lot of information about Pure with Xenons on this forum, but I am pressed with time as I need to make my decision w.r.t this in the next 12 hours - whether to continue with my order or to change it.

Few questions I have are:

1. Is it possible to get Pure with just Xenons and No LEDs? (as mentioned by my dealer)
2. Are there any pictures comparing Pure with Xenons with Non-Xenons?
3. Is there a standard LED and signature LED option? What is the difference? Pictures please.
4. Is it possible to swap out the standard headlight assembly on Pure with Xenons & signature LED later?
5. Finally, is it worth waiting for another 4 months for Pure/Prestige/Dynamic with Xenons (with signature LED) ?

Any help is much appreciated.

Abhishek
(20-10-2011 06:48pm)abhiusa Wrote: [ -> ]1. Is it possible to get Pure with just Xenons and No LEDs? (as mentioned by my dealer)
2. Are there any pictures comparing Pure with Xenons with Non-Xenons?
3. Is there a standard LED and signature LED option? What is the difference? Pictures please.
4. Is it possible to swap out the standard headlight assembly on Pure with Xenons & signature LED later?
5. Finally, is it worth waiting for another 4 months for Pure/Prestige/Dynamic with Xenons (with signature LED) ?

1) Xenons and no LED Fogs = Yes ... but Xenons and no LED DLR's = NO
2) See the owners section ... pictures just posted show the non Xenon DRL's ... they are fine ........ and with LED Fogs look great.
3) same answer as 2 Std = non Xenon Signature = Xenon
4) $64,000 question ......I don't think we have an answer on that yet
5) Probably not 4 months .... maybe a few weeks .... but really only you can decide that.

If no Xenons .... just make sure you have the LED Fogs.
abniusa,
Did you spec the £710 Xenon option?
Q4 - you won't be able to fit BiXenons if your Pure doesn't have the headlamp washers - type approval requires that cars with Xenon headlights must also have headlamp washers (even though they are next to useless!) I cannot see from the Configurator on the LR website if the Pure has headlight washers as standard - all the other LR cars except Defender have them so I expect Pure's to have them too
[/quote]

1) Xenons and no LED Fogs = Yes ... but Xenons and no LED DLR's = NO
2) See the owners section ... pictures just posted show the non Xenon DRL's ... they are fine ........ and with LED Fogs look great.
3) same answer as 2 Std = non Xenon Signature = Xenon
4) $64,000 question ......I don't think we have an answer on that yet
5) Probably not 4 months .... maybe a few weeks .... but really only you can decide that.

If no Xenons .... just make sure you have the LED Fogs.
[/quote]

Thanks Blackseries.

The spec sheet shows that there are FRONT FOG LAMPS as standard. I assume that this is LED fogs. So if Xenon without LED DRL's is not possible, the Pure spec must have a Halogen and LED fog lamps. Is this right?

Which part of the light functions as the DRL's in the non Xenons?

Abhishek
(20-10-2011 07:10pm)doug Wrote: [ -> ]abniusa,
Did you spec the £710 Xenon option?

Hi Doug,

Can't spec out the RRE here in India. They come pre-configured due to homologation. So we just get the option to pick Pure / Prestige / Dynamic and even the interiors depends on the lot of vehicles coming our way.

Abhishek
Is it okay to upload the brochure shared by my dealer here?
I just found a picture (someone had used this as their profile pic on this forum).

Can you please let me know if this picture shows a Xenon with signature LED's as DRLs? I assume that these LED's are only part of Xenon headlights and the standard halogens don't get these. Is this right?

Abhishek
This is what the halogen DRL's look like:

http://babyrr.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=362
(20-10-2011 06:48pm)abhiusa Wrote: [ -> ]4. Is it possible to swap out the standard headlight assembly on Pure with Xenons & signature LED later?

They will mechaniclly be changable just like they are on the D4, however it will most probrabally need an activation done on the car to let them work and the car not to see them as a fault or overload. This is due to the extra start up current needed for the Xenon unit V a halogen bulb which uses less current to start.

(20-10-2011 06:48pm)abhiusa Wrote: [ -> ]5. Finally, is it worth waiting for another 4 months for Pure/Prestige/Dynamic with Xenons (with signature LED) ?

If you have your heart set on these lights the id personally wait, the cost of the lights to buy over the counnter wont be cheap if you can actually get them as a spare part and then their is the activations needed spoke about above.

Pete
Further to fitting Xenons after delivery -you would also reqiure them to be self-levelling (by Law) This works off sensors fitted to the suspension to check for extra weight and therefore automatically adjusts height level accordingly, so as to not blind other road users (the biggest pitfall of Xenon lights ). Thereby deeming the after delivery fitment even more expensive.
When I orderes my RRE my dealer had told me, that I cannot have Xenons. BUT I ordered the "viewing package" which includes fogs, headlamp washers, etc. just no Xenons.
@ quattroman- Nothing worse than a boy racer who has them fitted to his corsa and you get blinded.

@ abhiusa- Think if you really want them, then you should wait it out as it looks a lot of hassle to fit them after delivery.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's