babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Benefits to collecting car in Jan 2012 instead of Dec 2011?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there one and all

Yup, i'm another one of those people who's order has slipped from late october to a potential build date of 2nd Dec!!

Due to going away for Xmas holidays etc, I was wondering if there were any benefits in waiting until Jan 2012 to registering the car - for some reason i feel like i've read on here that there is, but that could be me imagining things (very possible - like me imagining what it will be like to actually get the Evoque!!) or is it only the March 1st reg that makes any difference?

Many thanks in advance
A Year change is so much more significant than a plate change come resale time.

I would strongly advise you have your new car registered in 2012, as opposed to 2011, as this will make a good few thousand pounds worth of a difference come resale time!

Very Happy
My understanding is that a 2011 '61' plate will be worth less than a'61' plate 2012 model...by how much am not sure.
(18-10-2011 02:33pm)Spiderman Wrote: [ -> ]A Year change is so much more significant than a plate change come resale time.

I would strongly advise you have your new car registered in 2012, as opposed to 2011, as this will make a good few thousand pounds worth of a difference come resale time!

Very Happy

Awesome - thank you so much Spiderman! i wasnt going mad and, even better, i'm going to impress my partner with my knowledge!
Sounds a good idea, but check with your supplying dealer, as I understand that LR require the dealer to register vehicles within a short time of them being delivered, to ensure sales numbers per month/per year are maintained.

If you can determine this, with your dealer, please post the outcome.
One good aspect of mine being delayed from dec to jan I suppose....

Would still rather have it in dec though
The other thing is some dealerships will be very keen to register the car in December to meet end of month/ quarter/ annual targets, the last thing they will want is having to hold it over to January and possibly miss out on targets being met............... of course you could suggest to them that if their target is SO important you could share in some of it in way of a discount to take the car before the year end.....................
(18-10-2011 04:42pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]The other thing is some dealerships will be very keen to register the car in December to meet end of month/ quarter/ annual targets, the last thing they will want is having to hold it over to January and possibly miss out on targets being met............... of course you could suggest to them that if their target is SO important you could share in some of it in way of a discount to take the car before the year end.....................

I like that suggestion a lot...would be a double Christmas Present!!
Agree Tim, good suggestion.

All Dealers will be on a push to max registrations before the December 31st Year End and Quarter 4 End also, the more they can achieve over target the larger their company or manufacture bonus will be, esspecially relevant if they are part of a chain, so why not request an added goodwill gesture as you can asure yourself this....come trade in time they won't be able to offer you anywhere near the price they would have had it been registered on Jan 1st.....a year change is a year change irrespective if it's only 1 day between them!

It will amount to circa £1k min for sure, I've just looked up an old glass's guide!
Interestingly the Audi Q5 was introduced at the end of 2008 so we sort of have a template of how the RRE may behave ..... and it looks as if there is virtually no difference in trade in value between a 2008 58 and 2009 58 plate car. I think the reason for this is this is a MK1 car i.e. if you want a Q5 this is the only one you can get (like the RRE). This model probably only stands up while the car is in its first flush of youth but I think it’s worth bearing in mind. Certainly if my car arrives after 1st December I will ask to have it registered on 1st Jan - no discussion, but if for some reason people are coerced into registering their cars in December (remember people its OUR £40K+ that is paying for these cars) then it’s not the end of the world as long as you don't keep your car more than 3 years.
Reference URL's