babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Heavy steering problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Had my Evoque just 20 mins before I found the first major problem! on the way home as soon as I got over 40 mph the steering became very stiff (I presume it should the powered steering should adjust with speed) to the point where I had to virtually wrestle with the steering wheel to overtake anything and once turned the wheel did not return to the straight position but needed more force to turn it back. Called the dealer when I got home and was told not to drive it but to call Land rover assist and await recovery! It is now back at the dealer after only 50miles on the clock.

Anyone else had any steering problems?
Nnnnnooooooooo!!!
Nope, touch wood - hope they get it sorted quickly for you.
thats a problem. Thats one of the feature i like about the Evoque is its steering.
Sorry to hear of this problem - it is not a common failing, but exceptionally annoying on a brand new car
Tim, I recall you yonks ago posting something about RRS's and steering problems with bigger wheels - something similar at play here?
So much for the dealer PDI - completely useless.
I doubt it - very early RRS's (2005-2006) that didn't have the factory fitted optional 20" wheels needed to have a steering rack upgrade before you could fit them- Evoque has been designed to carry 20" wheels from day one. I tend to agree with Mark_n - and suspect the PDI hasn't been carried out properly because something like that should have been very apparent on the test drive that the car is supposed to have before hand over
It does have 20" wheels so perhaps that could be some clue, the RR assist technical said that the power steering was all electronic so presume it has to be programmed with the correct wheel size?
Really hope you guys are right about the PDI being skimped on and 20" not a problem - sorry to hear about your misfortune woodhouse, but plse keep us in the loop re the root cause.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's