babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Topix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Armed with my newly acquired VIN number, I gave Topix a whirl…. amazing what detail you an see about your car when you register and look up your specific vehicle.

Thus far I have learned that my yet to arrive (but built) car has

CONTINENTAL TIRE VENDOR - assumes that means I get the Continentals?

FRONT SCUFF PLATES-ILLUMINATED - assume that is the RR badge in the door sills (mentioning as I'm getting a Prestige and was not expecting that)

PREMIUM AUDIO 1280 W - strange one this, I did spec the upgraded 825W Meridian but not the 1280W…

LESS TRAFFIC MESSAGE CHANNEL - so no traffic updates?? Can see the sense in this since we do not have an equivalent service here in SA

DU EXH OLET W/RND TL PIP GARN - after some head scratching I read this as Dual Exhaust Outlet with Rounded Tailpipe??? Nice to know since the SD4's I've seen this morning all have a single outlet…

MAGNETIC DAMPING SYSTEM - aaaahh, my Magnaride!

PIANO BLACK APPLIQUES - anyone know what this is??

XENON HEADLAMPS - seems to have snuck out of the factory with a pairVery Happy

REAR END CONSOLE WITH VENTS - the mysterious rear passenger air vents??

AUTO DIP FRT/RR HIGH BEAM AST - Is this high beam assist? I did not spec this extra...

The bit that has me less excited are these three lines

SECOND ROW 2 INDIVIDUAL SEATS
LESS REAR SEAT CENTER ARMREST
LESS HEADRESTRAINT-REAR CENTER

I specifically asked for the bench seat, with armrest, with head restraint…. that said, I am guessing my mistake was to request the bench seat when the Coupe was still standard spec 2 seats - so probably went through as customer wants the non standard option (which was bench by the time car was built)

Anyone know what the procedure is when you get a car not to spec?? I'm guessing it's "take it as is, or wait 6 months??"
Berlin

How did you do this?

I have a vin no: on my order, but how do you get to see all this info, I've tried to register before but no success.

Would love to now how to get more out of the topix site.
On the road now (iPhone typing...) so briefly, went to topix site, logged in and got a screen where I could enter a VIN or just select a car model. Did the VIN and got my car details.

Will post more detail steps when back home.
Are you sure your dealer has given you the right VIN and not that of another order they have?
Good question… possible but the order number on the Vista print I received with the VIN matches my order number given to me in June….

That said, given the havoc that is going on with all the delays having a VIN number and order built status is fabulous. Topix also confirms the build date as 26/09, same as the Vista print i received.

Re the deviations (High Beam Assist and 2 seats) I suppose I have 5 weeks to figure out what I want to do about that…. I've ordered the Dynamic kit so perhaps I could settle with my dealer for free fitment of the new bumpers et al in lieu of ordering a new car?
While it may not the ideal situation, you could always negotiate a discount with the dealer for not supplying the car ordered......... This happened to one of the guys over on RRS - ordered a First Edition S/C ages before the car was launched. His car was an overseas order to Malaysia and one of only 100 Special editions in a special colour for sale outside the UK. When his car arrived in Malaysia nearly a year late it was a Chawton White "standard" RRS 4.2 S/C, not a Vesuvious Orange First edition - the reaction of LR - sorry but production of 1st Editions in Ves.Orange stopped a year a go....... that was all!
Tx, I think given the delays (current delivery quoted in SA for an order now is March but I think that is optimistic considering xenon, pano roof, door et al problems) I'll probably take it even if it does come with the 2 seats etc. and then just place another order for a new one for June/July nxt year (hoping by then I can get the 300bhp engine). Pretty sure I'll be able to recoup 95% of my outlay at that time.

Suppose like everyone just desperate to get my hands on it Very Happy mine included the total deliveries for this calendar year in SA will be 350 to 400 cars - so will still be very rare.
I have put my VIN into Topix but the 'Vehicle is not Found'...I have been told that it's gone into Build, so assume that it doesn't come up on the system until `build is complete?
1280 W Meridian? What the ........ ShockedTwisted Evil
I wonder if this means the 12 speaker, 80 watt system that was allegedly mentioned on this forum some time ago Wink
the 800w version is powerful enough to do serious damage to your hearing at full volume and with the sub-woofer at full output..................
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's