babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Roof antenna
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The other day I saw my first non-pano roof equipped Evoque and noticed that it had a black roof antenna that the cars with a pano roof don't have. The antenna is the mobile phone/ satnav plastic dome - in the cars with a panoramic roof this is fitted in the tailgate spoiler "bump" but on non pano roof cars it's a little black dome on the main roof. I wonder why they didn't just fit it in the spoiler bump same as pano roof equipped cars? One less hole to leak in future years and less cost to LR by not having two different parts for same job.
I wonder why it is not colored like the roof..
Good point FFT. I just saw one too in Madrid but didn't think about it. Here's a photo I took of a red Pure with a black antenna:

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Pure-TD4-in-Madrid-Spain
I noticed it was not colour coded, it looks like an after market fake
Well, if you think about it, spraying the cover with metallic paint will cover it with an array of metallic particles which will partially shield it from external radio waves.
anyone know what the huge dark glass think in the roof is at the front of the car on the inside that is full of little red leds??
Yes ,it's the transmitter for the wireless headphones which should be in the glove box if you have the system fitted
is thst all????? is is huge!!! and all the LEDs?
did you get a spearte book for the infotainment system Tim, like in the RR RRS & D3 & $??
No, nothing separate for ICE, I have 6 publications in my owner's folder
1) Owner's Handbook
2)Owner's Handbook Supplement
3)Warranty Benefits booklet
4)Quick Start Guide
5)Service Portfolio
6) The most useless one for a Dynamic Plus - The Quick Start Guide - Rear Seat Entertainment
ok...thanks....same as me then bar number 6
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's