babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Freelanders still being produced?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With all the problems with the Evoque, I'm wondering what the position is with Freelanders which of course are built on the same line after separate initial bodywork. As an established car, there shouldn't be the same supply chain problems and you'd think that if Evoques are a problem, they could at least get cracking making any Freelanders in the order pipeline.
Problem is nobody wants a Freelander......................... they don't want Defender, D4,RRS or FFRR either, all that anybody wants is an Evoque
Yes, it seems thevEvoque has rendered the rest of the product range obsolete. Quite a scary position for them to be in.
The Evoque supply issues have had a domino effect to the Freelander build too as I understand it.
(14-10-2011 10:53am)Spiderman Wrote: [ -> ]The Evoque supply issues have had a domino effect to the Freelander build too as I understand it.

Hopefully it may help used Freelander 2's & I may get more for mine! Wink
A shortage of good snowmobiles just before the hardest winter in years is forecast - just what the used 4x4 dealerships want. There's a silver lining for every cloud!
(14-10-2011 11:12am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]A shortage of good snowmobiles just before the hardest winter in years is forecast - just what the used 4x4 dealerships want. There's a silver lining for every cloud!

I best hold onto mine for another month at least then!!
Whilst at my local dealer yesterday I asked about Freelander sales and was surprised to hear that theirs were up 20-30%. He said the Evoque had increased customer traffic so much that every product has seen a lift. One chap came in looking for an Evoque realised it was too small then proceeded to buy a D4. He said pretty much all RRE traffic was non LR customers.
Not surprised at all to hear Freelander 2 sales have gone up. LR market research believe that somewhere in the region of 80% of Evoque sales will be to customers who are new to LR. Demand for all LR/RR models is currently high and I believe there is quite a long wait for any build to order vehicle across the range.
If LR has taken say 90% of orders from new to marque customers then there are going to be a lot of losers out there among other brands seeing as supposedly LR had 18,000 advanced orders in the UK. There will be a few hungry salesmen stalking BMW and VW/Audi showrooms looking for customers I'll bet!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's